MiPS Lost Mine Part II

Axel

First Post
"H'rbin! Siyldar! We are pleased to seeing you!" Brlo yelled, the adrenaline in his system making his Common speech less intelligible than usual.

"R'brands are bein' friend wit' B'bear! 'nd these b'prisoners," he added, gesturing with his unloaded crossbow to the two nearby humans. "Y'be brin'ing more pe'ple, aye?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Easy, townmaster. We're giving you a chance to prove yourself worthy leader against the corruption. By endorsing us in front of the citizens as temporary law enforcement, you could be a visionary, shrewd opportunist...or not. Whatever you decide, Redbands are done here. We have proof that these thugs..." Leonan motions toward the captives "...are associating with goblinoids and monsters. Furthermore, we were attacked for asking simple questions. Your people are frightened, Redbands are getting bolder and you have...HAD...no recourse. Until now. So, please, let us work. We need short rest and we will cleanse that ruin for good."

He pauses, looking over his companions.
"I would prefer longer rest, but we heard some captives there and if we give the band time to organise who knows how many goblins will come pouring out of there. Under the manor, there is a crevasse that leads who knows how deep and far underground and there are creatures there more dangerous than hobgoblins. So we ask for any help you and your citizens can offer, be it healing potions, volunteers with ranged weapons to cover the tunnel exit or any other support you might offer. Including taking these from our hands. Note that wherever we could, we spared those humans that didn't fight to the death. But make no mistake, they attacked first and we will not go as sheep for the slaughter."

For the whole speech, Leonan gauges the reaction of all three men coming toward them.

[sblock="Actions"]
Move: double move toward Brlo (Sildar and others are not on the map)
Insight: 1D20+1 = [10]+1 = 11

As for my little speech:
Performance (oratory/drama) +5 :)

If you think other skills are better here:
Deception +5
Intimidation +3
Persuasion +3

[/sblock]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus continues following after Leonan, moving along the path toward Brlo and Harbin and Sildar.

He shouts toward the group, "Three dead bugbears lie there by the manor house. Down in the cellar, I heard cries and wailing coming from behind a wall. Also, there seems to be a worse monster down there."

OOC: Moved Eddicus' token to indicate the movement.

Neurotic

Castagyr moves after Eddicus, keeping his eye on their back.
"Aye, there is some monster that blasts with magic. And it hurts too."

OOC: [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], Still no idea about Castagyr spells or hit points. He might have some healing in his back pocket. I will read backwards tomorrow trying to find out what he cast and when. [MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION] is still MIA. Does anyone know if he's hit by a hurricane or something? I remember news that New York had it bad at one point...but admittedly, I don't pay much attention to the news across the world. :(

mips42

Adventurer
Sildar seems almost proud of Leonans speech to Harbin. Harbin, however, seems angry. 'Prove... PROVE?! I have nothing to prove to you. What to do I look like? Some simpleton? A puppet of the Lords' Alliance? Since you and Sildar came here you've been trying to show me as some simpering fool. I will remind you, for the final time, *I* am Townmaster.
"Easy, Harbin," The third man says putting a hand on his shoulder. "Easy. I hate to be the voice of the town but everyone in town has been telling you that the Redbrands are trouble and you have let them run rampant. You know what happened with Thel and who knows what's happened with Mirna but, if these folks are willing to deal with the problem, The town says let them."
Harbin turns on him, "You, too, Daran? Do I have no friends left?"
Sildar then says, "seems to me, you have more friends than you know, Harbin."

Suddenly an arrow flies past Leonans' head from the south, you turn and see the rebrands moving right towards the group...

Axel

First Post
"See t'respec' t'give t'nm'stee?" Brlo says with a grimace as he bends to reload his crossbow again. Glancing at the small number of quarrels left he worries...

ooc: Double moving to somewhere with cover that he can shoot from still.

Neurotic

"You have nothing to prove to us, master Harbin. It is the town you profess to lead you need to convince. I gave you an easy way out and you're too blinded by your own pride to take it. Even in front of witnesses. Lucky for you, these two men are holding up for your interest. Now, either help us or hide; if you try to hinder us while the thugs shoot at us, you effectively declare for them. Sildar, master Daran, take over two thugs and take cover please."

Leonan shoots back, feeling lucky in that the thugs didn't learn anything about being close to one another. He shoots another of his globs of acid and then drops down into the grass.
Acid splash vs middle enemy and one adjacent DC 13 for no damage: 1D6 = [5] = 5

OOC: IIRC, the wavy lines represent 10' elevation, right? So we could hide more or less by just dropping down? How sudden is the drop? Is it an incline or more like a cliff? I marked two hit by acid splash with green line. If we cannot hide by dropping prone, Leonan moves behind the tree after his shot

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
< snip > . . .
OOC: . . . I will read backwards tomorrow trying to find out what he cast and when. @Trogdor1992 is still MIA. Does anyone know if he's hit by a hurricane or something? I remember news that New York had it bad at one point...

OOC: I seem to recall that somebody in one of the other games I had been reading had mentioned something about looking for a new place to live; and that person might have been Trogdor1992. Moving is time-consuming, and sometimes leaves the electronics hidden in boxes; but if the move gets one away from a bad living arrangement, it can be worthwhile.

Edit to add: No, that was Creamsteak who said that in one of his games, not Trogdor. I misremembered.

Last edited:

Remove ads