• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MiPS Lost Mine Part II

mips42

Adventurer
you see no pulleys or other devices attached to the rope other than the small iron hook it is hanging from.
A slight tug results in nothing more than a few ripples in the water.
Pulling harder, the rope lift mostly easily and, at the end of it, is a smallish oilskin satchel. The top of the satchel is tied tight with the remainder of the rope.

GameDoc

Explorer
Vottr glances around the room, at the wall Leonan is indicating, and back at the door. "I'm thinkin' so. The door too. Looks like recent repair work to much older construction."

mips42

Adventurer
Inspecting the stonework reveals a cleverly hidden latch which, when released, reveals a heavy door that swings into a dark corridor. It seem evident that this was not part of the original cellar.

OOC:
Map: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/13XHWINXfYyCTJCI5WvVA6oO87sC13lcVX67p7UPr_RY/edit?usp=sharing
[sblock=Experiment]
[MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION]
[MENTION=53915]GameDoc[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11387]Trogdor[/MENTION]
[MENTION=61026]tuxgeo[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Trogdor1992

First Post
Speaking up Castagyr looks to his companions and says "Perhaps one of us sturdier fellows should jump in the hole first to make sure it's no trap?"

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus cautions, "As much as I hate to be the voice of reason here, I still have to ask: do we really want to go through the hidden door first? Shouldn't we list all of the doors we can find, then select which one we want to explore first? There's an obvious door on the north wall, beneath the north stone stairs; I saw it while coming downstairs. Are there other doors here? If this room is the overall entryway to the hideout, various paths may branch from here. What's our first order of business? Don't we want to discuss that question together before we jump in any particular direction?"

Despite counselling caution, Eddicus moves nearer to the discovered secret door and holds up the glowing pebble to cast light as far into the revealed passageway as possible.

GameDoc

Explorer
"Goldenscales has a fair point. Better to have heavier armor up front if one o' them bandits jumps out at us," Vottr says. "As to which door we go through first, either one's as good as the other fer me."

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"Fine enough!" Eddicus concurs. "A couple of seconds while I tour the room, and I'll be right there with you."

Still holding the glowing pebble aloft, Eddicus walks quickly clockwise around the room, counting door he can see, and noting their locations. He does not shift any furniture or other objects to get a better look.
OOC: Perception check to notice doors. [roll0]

Having done that, he returns to join the others in going through whichever door they want to enter. He only tells them what he saw if they ask him.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Leonan smiles as he recovers the bag, taking a quick peek inside. But he is distracted by group apparently proceeding without him. As Eddicus starts his round, he puts the pouch away and dons his red cloak.
"I can go first. No one will attack me on sight with this cloak. And you can rain death upon any who attack and take over if they do attack."

Looking into the secret passage...
"I prefer going the way no one expect us to, but we should block other doors first so no one can come behind us. We don't want to cut our own way out, right?"

mips42

Adventurer
Other that the door under the stairway and the previously hidden door, the onlt other door in this main room is on the north side of the cistern.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
OOC: now, days later . . .

Speaking up Castagyr looks to his companions and says "Perhaps one of us sturdier fellows should jump in the hole first to make sure it's no trap?"
Eddicus replies, "Sure. Good idea. If we're agreeing to enter this opening, then let's do that and not merely stand here." The cleric adjusts his shield and holds the glowing pebble aloft, standing ready to follow Castagyr or whoever else is leading the exploration through the hidden door. He adds in a muted voice, "If anyone can spot the latch or handle to re-open this door from the opposite side, that would be a good thing to look for as we pass through."

Remove ads