• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Miracle 3.0

wraith8

First Post
Im going into a 1 on 1 battle with a level 18 wizard whos very powerful. I have a level 17 cleric. One of my 9th level slots has miracle, what use should i do with it?

I had gate as my other spell slot but my gm nerfed it even beyond the 3.5 nerf, (He gave the called creature a will save and added a 2000 exp penalty). Any suggestions on what to do with my other 9th level slot?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
zap him with an empowered Destruction? Death if he fails his fort save, 15d6 if he makes it.

or if you are still a 3.0e cleric make good use of spell immunity beforehand, hit him with a targetted dispel magic and then hit him with a harm and a quickened inflict light wounds.

Your big worry, of course, is that he wins initiative and leads with a timestop. Perhaps a miracle to prevent timestops working for the next day might be a helpful use of the spell?

kreynolds

First Post
Ask your god for a better DM? ;) Seriously, how about asking the gods (or your god, whatever) for a permanent protection from evil effect or something?

wraith8

First Post
Timestops have been nerfed. Unfortunately, he has three killer combos, 1 of which wont work cause of my resistance to fire though.

First way is he summon some bigbys hands stuns you then pushes you through a prismatic wall. My save is pretty good so im not so worried about that though.

The other way, which he actually posted here about a while ago is teleporting and imprisoning me. We are in 3.0 so I thought about asking the DM to allow me to cast miracle to mimic contingency, (on other spellcaster casting a spell, activate ethereal jaunt). What do you think...

TuDogz

First Post
Does he true strike with his imprisonment or rely on you having a poor touch AC?

Why not miracle in a +20 (or better it is a miracle after all) deflection bonus against the next touch attack made against you?

Sort of a reverse true strike.

Make him piss away his imprisonment.

How are you planning on finishing him off? Do you get in close or kill from afar?

What is the likelyhood of him reading these posts?

wraith8

First Post
Um he is here but hes on vacation and i doubt hell look it up.

Umm I have a low touch ac but i plan on teleporting, harming, and quickened flame striking him to death.

TuDogz

First Post
So you actually want him to get close to you. Let him do the teleprting and just work to cover your backside against the imprisonment.

It sounds like you are using 3.0 haste. Is that accurrate?

wraith8

First Post
As it says in the title yest dnd 3.0

Ummm, IM actually planning, to cast miracle before battle to optain contingency and set that to if enemy mage casts spell cast ethereal jaunt. Then if he goes first hell try to imprison me and when he teleports down to me hell miss. Then ill cast miracle to obtain (cause i dont have a quickened flame strik, dont have quickened) a quick flame strike and ill just wait for him to cast true seeing and dispell my ethereal jaunt. When he does i harm, him (or if he moved away teleport then harm him) and cast quicken flame strike.

Do you think thatll work?

TuDogz

First Post
You need to have the contingency trigger upon either the casting of the imprisonment or the attempt to touch with the imprisonment. Word it carefully. Otherwise the contingency will trigger when he teleports instead and he will still have the imprisonment for after he brings you back to the material plane with the dispel.

wraith8

First Post
To dispel me he needs to see me. He has to cast true seeing. Therefore, the imprisonment drops.... so he wont have it.. .Heh

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads