• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Miracle and Turning attempts

Pyrex

First Post
Quartz said:
How about 4 - like the Extra Turning feat?

That seems reasonable.

It even seems reasonable to extend that precedent and say it's within the scope of Miracle (or Wish for that matter) to grant the target any one Feat it meets the PreReqs for for one day.

ThirdWizard

First Post
I'd probably allow a miracle to restore any use/day abilities like rage and sudden metamagic as long as they aren't directly opposed to the deity's portfolio (for example an evil god wouldn't restore smite evil). I don't know how many. I'm waffling between the base amount (whatever they would have without feats) and just all of them (since miracle can do some amazing things itself). I'd have to try out the latter to see if it seemed overpowered in practice.

Pyrex

First Post
ThirdWizard said:
I'd probably allow a miracle to restore any use/day abilities like rage and sudden metamagic as long as they aren't directly opposed to the deity's portfolio.

*nod*

I think I'd just stick with the interpretation above where it grants you the feat where you get more uses of that ability. (w.r.t. Smite and Rage the relevant feats grant two extra uses each)

htetickrt

First Post
Thanks, all. Had to work and so couldn't respond, but these are all some good ideas.

Her patron's Waukeen, so no big deal on the undead thing. Though a gate she cast ended up getting a planetar killed, so that's a strike against her. It also makes it less likely that she'd be assigned someone to turn for her for a price, though it is a great idea.

As for waiting, without giving too much away they need to stop this thing from sniping at them, and the only way to do so is to destroy it with positive energy. Retreat isn't presently an option, though they don't know that yet.

I think I'm leaning toward restoring 4 turning attempts with no cost, and the full ten if she's willing to pay the XP cost for an extraordinary action.

Cheers,
htetickrt

Diirk

First Post
htetickrt said:
As for waiting, without giving too much away they need to stop this thing from sniping at them, and the only way to do so is to destroy it with positive energy. Retreat isn't presently an option, though they don't know that yet.

I think I'm leaning toward restoring 4 turning attempts with no cost, and the full ten if she's willing to pay the XP cost for an extraordinary action.

It would suck to be playing that module with no cleric, I guess.

Pyrex

First Post
frankthedm said:
Full XP cost for Full Turning attempts IMHO is very generous.

Really? Seems like a rather weak use of 5000xp to me considering that (among other things) a 5000xp Miracle is capable of protecting an entire city from a Volcano.

Getting your Turning Attempts back seems to pale in comparison. :confused:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads