• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mirror Image

JCLabelle

First Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but :

The spell Mirror Image makes it impossible to target the MI's caster dirrectly, which means you cannot, say, target the caster with a Dispel Magic, meaning that if you want use a Dispel Magic on the spell's user for a Targetted Dispel, you must get rid of the Figments first ( or try your luck and target one of the images - same would apply to any other non-area spells ).

ThomasBJJ

First Post
I would say the caster of a dispel would have to either use an area effect dispel, or pick one image to target. Roll randomly to see if he picked the right one. If he picks an illusionary image, he dispels that image only.

Magus_Jerel

First Post
The spell Mirror Image makes it impossible to target the MI's caster dirrectly,

mmmm - just more difficult. If you are using a monster or spell that lets you get say... tremorsense - mirror image doesn't help.

It also only replicates their image; and not necessarily an evil aura they might be emitting...

Which means you cannot, say, target the caster with a Dispel Magic, meaning that if you want use a Dispel Magic on the spell's user for a Targetted Dispel, you must get rid of the Figments first ( or try your luck and target one of the images - same would apply to any other non-area spells ).

well - if you hit the caster, you have a chance of hitting the actual mirror image spell on them.

If you strike one of the images - you can only be hitting one thing - part of a spell. If your dispel check succeds - you only dispel that image - the one part of the spell you managed to isolate. Odds are - you are better off targeting the mirror image spell directly in the first place.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads