• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Modern]Throwing around an idea for a PBP campaign; Recruiting one or two more

rangerjohn

Explorer
I agree, I tried creating an ex-navy seal, in the Silver Bullets game. The only way I was able to get near enough skill points was taking the Int class. Not really appropiate for the main fighter of the team. But there you go.

I would be interested... I was thinking combo of fast/strong hero (if you are using D20 modern) going towards martial artist. She would be a Japanese-American, I don't know if that would work or not.

caixa

First Post
Sounds Interesting

I'm in if you'll have me. Probably do something like Dedicated/Field Medic or a Strong/Dedicated Point Man.

Of course, if you want really off the wall, I could bring in my Juno Daise, Special Forces Cowboy Extraordinare!

Peterson

yangnome

First Post
OK, sounds like we have a crew. I am looking at starting characters at 6th level. I'll make up for the level difference by providing everyone with special skills/feats that they've picked up in training (things like diving, sky diving, etc.) For hit points, I am experimenting, but I'd like you to take 12 + (1 class HD). Those will be your HP for the entire game, they will not go up unless you invest in a feat to do so or up[ your Con score.

PLease register on my message boards (www.yangnome.com/index.php) In order to register, you need to register on teh site, then post on my message boards. The six who have posted here have first dibs on the game. I'll create a forum for the game ( called new online game for the time being) and post some info there soon. Once you post on the boards, I'll create a character management forum that only you and I will be able to access. We can discuss your character creation there, especially if you have sme history you'd like to keep from the others.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Seem's you've got plenty of interest, and I'm in plenty of games already, so I'll pull out to make room for others. Thanks for the spot offered, and best wishes. :)

yangnome

First Post
still waiting for people to register on my site (nac, Festy and caixa). If I don't see you there by Tuesday, I'll start looking for replacements.

Aside from that, provided everyone shows, it looks like the game is full. I'm willing to start a list of alternates though.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
totally off-topic

If you ever decide to run a 7th-sea d20 game, I'd be more then interrested. You might have some more succes, there are quite a few modern d20 things going on, but no 7th sea.

Allright, I'll just beg

Pleaaaase run a 7th sea game.

Does that help?:D

yangnome

First Post
Sorry, the 7th Sea game is going to be my tabletop game. The reason I'm doing the modern/dg game is that I've already done allot of preparation for it and don't want to scrap it alltogether. Right now I don't have time to run both, but in the future, I might consider running it.

Remove ads