Modiphius' Star Trek Adventures playtest sign up date announced...

Patrick McGill

First Post
The sign up looks to be up now. There are four different ships to choose from.

Linky linky

I went with the first one as I wanna see a little of everything.

Edit: Rather, according to twitter, the playtest is starting now. Modiphus on twitter is saying to watch your email.

Linky

I got confused and didn't know the sign ups had been up for awhile.

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Got mine as well. There's a lot of good stuff to be sure, but some of the rules are a bit...goofy. Like challenge dice seem to only exist as a means to sell funky dice. You could handle damage with the number of successes generated from the to-hit roll rather than have to roll [CD]. Just have a set bonus by weapon type if absolutely necessary and drop the goofy sell-some-funky-dice-gimmick. Extended tasks seem convoluted as well. Though I'm definitely a fan of values. Looks like someone was a fan of Smallville.

pedr

Explorer
Just as it seems to be causing some confusion - the initial playtest release is a "learn the rules" starter nominally set in the TNG era with slightly simpler characters than standard. Future releases will include the different ships and adventures based on the sign-up preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Yeah my players would prefer keeping their chars though. So either we wait or we keep the chars presented later.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
One of my players got the hands on the rules it seems so we might just do it. But I prefer to run with the pre-made chars. As we've seen in the opening adventure, they are no guarantee of a balanced skill set in the group though.

Remove ads