Mongoose reaction to OGL/SRD

Reynard

Legend
MongooseMatt said:
Still a little vague at the moment - 'a few weeks' was the quote, though I had the impression it was a small number of few weeks, rather than a large.

The advantage we have here is that we employ full-time writers and developers - this means we could choose to dedicate a team to do nothing more than study and play the new rules for a month or two, 8 hours a day, five days a week (it is a tough life they have, I know). That makes hitting the release dates a doable process.

Where do I apply?

:D

Darkwolf71

First Post
MongooseMatt said:
The advantage we have here is that we employ full-time writers and developers - this means we could choose to dedicate a team to do nothing more than study and play the new rules for a month or two, 8 hours a day, five days a week (it is a tough life they have, I know).
Where do I submit my application? I'm even willing to work overtime. ;)

catsclaw227

First Post
I guess it's safe to assume that you have requested the OGL document. Obviously, that's the first step for any publisher thinking of going 4e. But if you decide that 4e is the right way to go, then it's time to write the check and then wait for the rules to arrive?

MongooseMatt

First Post
Reynard said:
Where do I apply?

:D

Well, we just employed a new writer (Joshua Cole). He started a couple of weeks ago!

Seriously though, if anyone is interested in employment in the hobby games industry, keep an eye on our forums - we _will_ be employing this year, as we are looking to expand quite significantly over the next couple of years.

If anyone is interested in being a writer or developer, download Signs & Portents, and start submitting articles _now_. We always look to our pool of S&P writers for full-time positions. . .

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
This is an interesting statement, since I always perceived Mongoose as constituting the d20 supplement glut back in the heady days of the early 2000s.

Demigonis

First Post
Did he come off as sounding really really pretentious to anyone else?

Edit for clarification: I was not refering to the business decision, more of how the post read to me. It's entirely possible that I interpreted the feeling of the post incorrectly, which is why I asked my original question. If that was taken to heart, I apologize. (PS: I honestly wasn't even paying enough attention to the rest of the thread to realize I was potentially insulting someone at hand.)

Last edited:

Remove ads