Monitor Duty (Freedomverse OOC)

hero4hire

Explorer
(Hex actually cannot make that roll, as natural 20's don't autosucceed skill checks :))

Hmmm...Is that written somewhere? Interpretation?

This is what I could find. Emphasis mine.

If you roll a 20 on the die when making a check you’ve scored a critical success. Determine the degree of success normally and then increase it by one degree. This can turn a low-level success into something more significant, but more importantly, it can turn a failure into a full-fledged success!

So on a roll of Natural 20 it would seem to me you determine successes (in this case none) and then add one success.

Shayuri

First Post
Huh! I guess I was importing that idea from other d20 systems. My mistake. Sorry about that!

Doesn't matter in this case, cuz I didn't roll a 20, but it's good to know. :)

Shayuri

First Post
What are the effects of failing that check? Is Hex grappled or restrained or something? I can work her action into my last post if I know.

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, ok. Dogpiled by guys? Is there a check to escape?

I'm thinking she probably can't read her book in this circumstance, but there may be other things she can do.

Shayuri

First Post
Hm. Just to keep my options open, if I stunted some kind of Area effect TK that threw everyone away from her, would that also work? :)

She could 'manifest soul' to raise her Strength, but even then it'd take a pretty lucky roll to get out of a DC 21 thing. :)

hero4hire

Explorer
TK thing could work. And you're right the Manifest soul could help if you went with just an escape check. But escaping a dog pile of super strong guys is tough. I don't see a reason why one couldn't get 2 checks in a round however? One as a Move, one as a Standard. So there are lots of options to try out. The best one is up to you. :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using EN World mobile app

Remove ads