Monk/Druid Multiclass Confusion

I'm playing a (very fun to play!) Aboriginal Australian monk/druid who turns into a kangaroo and kicks the crap out of people. I should point out that this campaign interprets natural weapons as unarmed attacks along the lines of the Alter Self spell--there is no consensus on this matter vis a vis shapeshifting druids using natural weapons getting their proficiency bonus from class, since natural weapons don't get categorized anywhere in terms of what exactly they are and how someone becomes proficient in them (Tavern Brawler (are they/can they be considered improvised?), Weapon Master (4 simple/martial), etcetera. Without this, of course, it becomes much harder to hit at higher levels with animal attack bonuses, but you could still do it.)

DM basically let me reskin a Giant Elk as a kangaroo, with minor modifications (size Medium; claws and kick instead of ram and hooves; claws do 2d6+bonus & grapple; kick does 2d6+bonus & if grappled save or push; tail gives advantage on saves vs. attacks that push/prone).

So in general as a 6 Druid (Circle) & 7 Monk (Open Hand), I claw or kick twice with Extra Attack, then ki point to unarmed flurry using monk stuff (no claws; think head but or non-claw punch). I have a lot of fun playing the boxing kangaroo.

Remove ads