If you are going BIG though why not go Custom? :D :D :D

Skin of Perfection
Price: 79,000 Gold Pieces
Body Slot: Psychoactive Skin
Caster Level: 11th
Aura: Moderate (Difficulty Class 20) Transmutation
Activation: Swift (Mental)
Weight: -

This is worth much more than 79.000 gp. I'd say at least 140.000.
For an item slot than can't be used for anything else, +4 to all stats, two feats, Cha to a lot of things? This calls for Sacred Fist or any other Monkadin build.

akbearfoot

First Post
Battlefield mobility,
stackable effective monk levels,
+1 or +2 stackable ac as long as you aren't flat footed.
Yet ANOTHER dice increase for monk unarmed damage....which equates to several d8s worth of damage at high level.

It can't be sundered, disarmed, or stolen. It makes a monk better at everything a monk is supposed to do, while being slotless and stacking with every nearly all other monk enhancing items.

It probably wasn't worth it to take as an item back when it originally came out and there was no real support for unarmed combat...but now when psionic monks can be doing fistfulls of d8s as their base damage it becomes a VERY cheap investment for a huge damage increase.

Very much worth it.

akbearfoot

First Post
Expansion is the easiest way.

Couple levels of monk then the rest in psionic warrior, possibly with levels in Slayer or Warmind depending on your tastes. Monastic Training + Tashalatora = Amazingly good.

Expansion can make you Huge, Imp Natural attack makes your natural weapon Gargantuan. Add to that Superior natural attack, and a monks belt or tatoo and you're dealing 20th level gargantuan monk damage as early as 11th level...you could do it by 8th level but you'd never have that much cash. I think thats either 8d8 or 11d8 per hit.

moritheil

First Post
Bear in mind that whether or not the base monk bonus (Wis to AC) is included in such items is the subject of perennial debate.

I believe that even DMs who do allow it to grant Wis to AC would not allow Wis to AC twice from two different monk items. So in that respect, it probably doesn't "stack" . . . but I imagine the level advancement would.

Folly

First Post
If you really want to tweak a monk's damage:

Eberron changling
11 Monk / 1 Warshapper
Improve Natural Attack
Superior Unarmed Strike
Monk's belt
Racial Attunement (allows you to use magic items of the race you look like as a changling)
Kalastar crystal (improves size by 1 category)

Base 2d10 (20th monk)
3 Size increases - 2d10->4d8->6d8->8d8

Throw in some enlarge person potions to get 12d8 base damage. Though if you DM is foolish enough to allow it Greater Mighty Wallop. It is limited to Medium+4 size categorys so it won't stack with enlarge person. But this means 7 size increases.

2d10->4d8->6d8->8d8->12d8->16d8->24d8->32d8.

As a side note, the downside of all this is that you have invested a feat and a magic item that will eventually be made useless by the cap at 20th.

Sm!le

Explorer
My first thought was no, but after looking at both, I'm leaning towards yes. They have different prerequisites, one requires spells, the other just that the maker is at least a 10th lvl monk. And the fact that the monk's tattoo states it doesn't stack with another monk's tattoo, and not that it doesn't stack with other effects that increase effective level of these abilities, also leads me to believe this.

Slaved: What ring are you talking about? I searched in Dragon Magic, Races of the Dragon, and the Draconimicon, and found no reference to a Fanged Ring. There is a Ring of Draconic Zeal in Dragon Magic... Is that what you meant? Or did you mean another book?
D&D 3.5e - Book- Dragon Magic; Page 101
1700750932239.png

Remove ads