Monster Madness

The road ahead and behind you is covered in shadows, the mid-afternoon sun blocked by the the leaves does not carry much influence here. The path you travel, while cut through a forest, seems like a tunnel of greens, browns and other earthy colours. The area immeditly around you is illuminated by a torch Alfred carries. It's golden light combats the pale green light that filters in from above. The path your on is ten feet arcoss, ten feet to both side is low grass. After that are thick trees and brush that would make any movement very difficult, the branches create a roof fifteen feet above you. Rising to your minds are the words Alfred passed on when you picked him up.

"My thanks for this friends. Normally we would wait untill a caravan traveled his way, but Arch-mage Halphon is very eager to obtain this blood stone, almost madly it seemed. He... no I..." he pauses for a moment before continuing. "No you'll be dealing with him so you should know. We keepers have begun to worry about him, he's been a patron of ours for a long time, maybe to long. Lately he has been acting strange, his demeaner seems different, worst is he has begun to give us orders as if we were his underlings. He always backs down and appoligies and backs down if we question him but it wasn't like this. Still he pays well, very well, so we sometimes humur him. Be wary but polite, we can't afford him as an enemy. The progress that yuo have acheived has brought great respect to your leader and his abilities. With his promotion to head trainer for the new arrivals there is an empty place in the leadership. Takashiro Maki, it has been decided to give you a chance at leading this team, you are now granted the rank of acting captain. Preform well over the next few missions and it may be made official. May our journey be swift, fruitful and boring."

That was this morning, your travels earlier were through lands maintained by the guild, patroled regularly, the lands were safe and the trip easy. This tunnel on the other hand is beyond the regular guild lands. Safety is now no longer ensured. Alfred looks around and it seems that he takes in the group's feelings and the air of the surroundings.
"Acting Captain Takashiro Maki, is it okay to continue this peaceful stroll?"

geogator

First Post
Miranda squats when they stop like this, her longbow in hand with an arrow knocked. Her ears perked and scan trying to focus on sounds before they become dangers. Her golden eyes glow slightly in the light of the torch. She is as a coiled snake ready...

Walking Dad

First Post
Romulus stomps behind the others to the woods. The two shifters are a big contrast. Where she strides with grace and agility, his steps are more powerful and direct. There is a small growl, as he hears that somewone else is appointed leader, but more out of reflex than protest.

"How far did you say have we to go from here to reach our destination." he asks the keeper.

Alfred raises an eyebrow at Romulus's question. "I didn't. Though we now are in the lands of the Arch-mage they are not quite right. No one knows if he did it himself or if he moved here because of it but this land is twisted. All that is here are these tunnel like paths, the woods are near impossible to enter and if one does after a few stepps they find them selves back on the same path. As for the distence it is difficult to estimate, it is days to the center of the forest but the paths move on their own, devoures distence and extends time. It once took me a week to reach him and another time a few hours, it's up to the paths. He has some control over them and he should be expecting us so most likely our journy will be short but if something comes up that needs his attention..." He lets his words trail off.

Bialaska

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC everybody]After being appointed as Acting Captain, Maki is going to ask the entire team about their names, talents and competences. Right now I'm not really sure who half of the characters on the team is and what they can do. I know we have a Mark, a Hunter and some blades. After that I'll quickly make a walking order and write up an IC reply[/SBLOCK]

Bialaska

First Post
Before the party takes off on their journey, the newly appointed acting captain looks around.

"I need to know the names and capabilities of all of the members of this team, it will make it easier to coordinate and cooperate. I am Maki, rather talented with a blade. I attack with swift and precise attacks. My weakness is most likely a lack of power when it comes to ranged attacks."

Walking Dad

First Post
"My name is Romulus. I'm a blade, using longsword and shield. I favor melee more than ranged combat. My shifter birthright is the ability to harden my hide. Favoring honorable melee before ranged combat is no sign of weakness!" The big shifter answers.

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
"I am I'kee, a humble student of the Order of the Tranquil Gardens." the young boy grins sheepishly. "My talents are of the gentle sort. I can mend woundss and bless friends. I am also able to use a few other tricks, such as conjuring up a small fog..." His cheeks blush, and he contiues the rambling. "Master Coru'shita always said I would achieve what I wanted, if I only learned to control my enthusiasm. I guess he was right. Anyway, I'm affraid I am not as able with a blade as you are... I know that the pointy end goes in someone other than me though." at the end of the speech his voice was almost a whisper, and he gently pats the wakiza-shi on his right side. The young boy suddenly brightens again. "I specialize in the healing arts though! Oh, I guess I already said that."

geogator

First Post
"I am Miranda" The tall woman with feline facial features and runners build shrugs a little. "I am a Mark. If I can run it down, I will bring it back to the pride for the kill. I only ask for my due portion of the kill no more, no less. I know many manner of arms. Bow, Flail, Sword, what have you." She nods as if she had said more than she is normally comfortable with.

Remove ads