D&D 5E Monster Manual Expanded III HARDCOVER/PoD is FINALLY OUT! Get it now from the DM's Guild!

@Nixlord the D&D Twitter and Facebook accounts are plugging another DMS Guild product today, so I am going to watch and see if it disappears at the end of the day, like the plug for your book did last Saturday. If so, then we know this is just the new normal for them, but if not, I would really want to know why your book plug was not kept up.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded III Roll20 is finally arriving! Hundreds of gorgeously drawn creatures and deadly monsters, including some new and classic dragons, are going to be unleashed at your Roll20 VTTs on September 21! Mark your calendars now!

MME III Roll20 Promo.png

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
@Nixlord, based on all you've seen of the 2024 books and 5E alternate rulesets like Tales of the Valiant, do you expect to be significantly tweaking these books again in the next 18 months? (I know, you're probably exhausted just reading that question.)

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
@Nixlord, based on all you've seen of the 2024 books and 5E alternate rulesets like Tales of the Valiant, do you expect to be significantly tweaking these books again in the next 18 months? (I know, you're probably exhausted just reading that question.)
No, no plans. I think I'm already in a good spot with these books.

I've already applied the standard changes needed to the MME1 and MME2 statblocks that will make them more or less aligned with the current standards they've set.

I'd rather focus on developing new books for now. ;)

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
If you're tired of using the same old monsters and are looking for new horror-themed monsters to use for your next Halloween-based adventure, try these Aswangs from Monster Manual Expanded III! Artwork was done by MTG/WotC artist Brian Valeza.

Here's an excerpt from Monster Manual Expanded III:
An aswang is an accursed humanoid that transforms into a fiend. In its natural form, an aswang resembles a typical humanoid. At
night, it can change its shape into a cunning, demonic predator. It hunts other humanoids and feasts on their blood, organs, or life
force.
Aswangs hide in plain sight, living amongst normal folk and often taking up occupations like butchers, hunters, gravediggers, taxidermists, and trappers to help divert suspicions of why their homes may sometimes smell of carrion and death. They insert themselves into humanoid
communities and earn their neighbors' trust through charm, friendliness, and generosity. They avoid getting physically close to an individual, though, because if one looks directly at their eyes, they will discover that their reflection is upside down. Aswangs tend to prey on members of society that no one will miss if they suddenly disappear. If such targets are unavailable, they travel to another community, settlement, or location that is far from their homes. They won't risk feeding near where they live. Anyone who becomes suspicious of them, or sees them in their fiendish form, is always dealt with immediately for fear of rousing an organized mob. A successful clan of aswangs can live on the outskirts of town, preying on its citizens for years without getting caught. If things start to go awry, the aswangs will not risk staying. They
will leave as soon as they can and establish themselves in another community to begin anew.

Kubot Sneak.jpg
Kubot02.jpg
Manananggal final colors 02.jpg
Halimaw final colors 02.jpg

Abat.png

Remove ads