• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monster Manuals no more

chobin foot

First Post
rycanada said:
Chobin, your step 2 IS take their stuff.

Kill them
Take their stuff
Profit!

???

I would be violating the business model of the Underpants Gnomes if I made that change.

However, perhaps I should change it to the proper gamer-grammar, which is *deep breath* KillThemAndTakeTheirStuff - all one word, hastily uttered whenever some NPC-that-should-not-be-killed makes an appearance.

Underpants Gnomes Business Model:
1. Collect Underpants
2. ???
3. Profit

Thus,
Player-character's plan of action when meeting new NPC (such as the Good King of Dunderton, or the Fair Princess of Hoohah):
1. Killthemandtaketheirstuff
2. ???
3. Profit

I do like your idea of a collectible roleplaying game, though :D
(Sorry for sig-threadjack)

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Warbringer said:
I had a seriously disturbing thought....

As part of the 4e marketing strategy, WoTC does away with monster manuals, instead printing only cards as part of a collectable monster series?

We'll actually be doing away with monsters completely. You'll be populating your dungeons with a new WOTC creation called Celebtrocities (tm and pat pend.) like the Lindsay Lohanalich and David Umberhoff.

Now that this is out of the way can we return to reality? :p

Shining Dragon

First Post
Warbringer said:

As part of the 4e marketing strategy, WoTC does away with monster manuals, instead printing only cards as part of a collectable monster series?

Changeling: The Dreaming 1st Edition introduced a concept of collectible cards for its magic system. Sure, you could make your own but surely it would be more fun it you bought the official cards with pretty pictures.....

2nd Edition reworked the system to do away with the cards.

Methinks there is a lesson in this somewhere.....

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
Warbringer said:

I'd stop buying the game and their pockets would hurt.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads