Monster Mash #1!

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Krishnath said:
As for the summoned vermin, as I said, swarms (as in the Fiend Folio). Don't worry about it not being OGL (yet), as the swarm subtype will be OGL as soon as the reviesed MM hit's the stands. At that time we could just create our own swarm types. I suggest 20HD of Vermin Swarms...

suggestions on how to work that out?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
BOZ said:
ok, took some time and gave some thought to this creature...

-snip-

i'm thinking we'll definitely need to rethink how the Consume Intelligence and Musk Puff powers work. remember, those powers were written for a stationary monster that eats victims it doesn't turn into zombies. our monster is very fast-moving, and probably won't be eating its victims (well, not until after combat). i don't think it needs to consume the brains of the living like the musk creeper would, but i do think it will emplant imbryoes in creature's heads. i do like the idea of a musk that causes a charm-like compulsion on a living creature, but i'm not so sure these need to be any sort of zombie. i'm thinking more along the lines that whatever the monster implants in it's victims does not change them funadamentally, but that the charm will be long lasting instead. this would mean that the victim will be under the effects of a charm and under control of the monster, but if the charm is negated before the victim dies, the implant can (theoretically) be removed and the victim rescued. of course, we'll also need to rename the abilities. what do you all think about this idea?

i'm not so sure i'm satisfied with the list of spell-like abilities as they are. have some suggestions on improving that list?

also:

what should be the range for the Howl, Gaze, Aura (should we also rename Aura of Menace?), and "Musk"?
and sorcerer level for Spell-Likes, Teleport, and Tongues?

Krishnath

First Post
Summoning, simple:

Summon Vermin Swarms (Su): Up to three times per day a <Monster Name> may summon up to 20HD worth of Vermin with the Swarm subtype. The summoned Vermin are controlled by the <Monster Name> as if summoned by a Summon Nature's Ally spell. The summoned vermin remain for one hour or until destroyed, which ever comes first.

-

As for the other abilities, ask someone else, like Knight_Otu :p

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
thank you. :)

Krishnath said:
As for the other abilities, ask someone else, like Knight_Otu :p

as always, discussion is open to everyone...

lately i have been too busy to give enough thought to this stuff and plan properly... :(

Remove ads