Monster Mash: Evilhalfling vs. renau1g

renau1g

First Post
When 'Bessie' fired off her burst of sound, the Ettin tries to disrupt her, but despite the club to her head, the destrachan has no problem striking most of his allies.

"Will" holds up her hand and stops the undead Parayth from attacking, while she 'talks' to the angel.

"Don't worry, these creatures are my friends now, it was Bessie after all who knocked me down here, please help me up oh valourous angel" "Will" says in a honeyed voice, but to no avail

Seeing her ruse not working, the succubus gestures to the undead creature. The paralyth lashes out with its spine at the angel trying to break its mind.

Meanwhile, up top the Ettin continues trying to bash Bessie, but his strikes are erratic as he struggles to recover from the stars he's seeing.

The Abishai disappears from the view of the angel and retreats to the far side of the river.

[sblock=OOC]
Two questions - does that blast effect the angel as well?
Also, isn't Bessie still in the aura from the Paralyth? Aura 5?

Ettin OA (1d20+15=34, 1d8+9=10) Hits AC 34 for 10 dmg
Ettin #2: Dazed = only 1 action
Standard: Club Bessie - Ettin vs AC; Dmg (1d20+15=25, 1d8+9=13) I'm guessing miss...

Paralyth: Delays until after Succubus

Succubus: Standard - Dominate Angel..Dominate (angel) (1d20+12=14) :(
Save: Save (1d20=19)

Paralyth: Move: shift to J8
Standard: Nervous Feedback Vs. AC; Dmg (1d20+16=28, 2d6+6=13, 1d20+16=17, 2d6+6=15) target is slowed until end of next turn if it hits.
Minor: n/a

Ettin #1: Move - Walk to D6 (his northeast square) so it still threatens the destrachan
Standard: Bash Bessie - Vs AC; Dmg (1d20+15=18, 1d8+9=14) :rant::rant::rant: These are awful...

Abishai - Regen 5; Standard - Teleport 5 squares south and turn invisible
Save: Save (1d20=6) Really? Really? I certainly love single digits
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
ooc: [sblock]
the abishi moves and goes invisible?
I was hoping the daze would hinder someone...
oh wait bessie doesn't have eyes. I'm good.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Evil]
The Abishai has an ability that takes a standard action and turns it invisible and shifts 5 or 6 squares, I forget off the top of my head, but yeah stupid Bessie...
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=questions, or answers thereto]Yes, Bessie is still in the slowing aura. I was thinking aura 2, not 5; my mistake. The angel is not hit by the blast, it's a blast 5 going from H4 to L8. [/sblock]

Round 3, continued

The Ettin swats the angel as it goes by, but misses Bessie.

Round 4

The Paralyth waits.

The succubus attempts to use her charms on the Angel. She fails, perhaps due to the fact that she is disguised as Will! The effort distracts her enough that she plummets to the water below. (ooc: dominate misses. Succubus crashes, dropping to the water below, which is shallow. She falls three squares. She takes no falling damage, but does provoke an OA from the angel.)

The paralyth lashes the angel with two tentacles, hitting once. (ooc: 13 damage. The slowed condition is shorter duration that what's imposed by its aura, so doesn't matter.)

The ettin moves behind Bessie. It misses with its huge club. (ooc: and provokes an OA)

The abishai heals a bit and disappears to all senses but Bessie's.

The angel...

(ooc: The succubus is 3 squares below the angel, in L8, so isn't adjacent. Do you want to hit the paralyth instead, or move down and take the OA? Also, I need an OA from the angel on the succubus, and an OA from Bessie on the ettin, and Bessie can roll to recharge bellowing blast.)

Initiatives

Succubus 75/90, shape changed to Will, 4 squares below the bridge.
Paralyth 88/96, under the bridge in J8
Will dead
Ettin, head 1 178/222
Abishai 30/51, dazed (save ends)
Angel 145/168, attacks against are at -2, melee attacks do +1d6 radiant, slowed <== you're up
"Bessie" 111/122
Ettin, head 2 hp shared with head 1, dazed (saves automatically at end of turn)

Resources used:
  • Bessie: reverbate, bellowing blast.

[sblock=map]
EvilhRenau1g008.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Round 4, continued

Bessie misses as the ettin goes by.

The angel misses the succubus as it drops into the river, and dices the paralyth with both sword and dagger. (ooc: I rolled the OA, which misses. 27 damage to the paralyth, 6 of which is radiant. What about the radiant effects? I don't follow.)

Bessie moos at the abishai, that only she can sense. (ooc: hit. Abishai is bloodied again. Bessie does not recharge bellowing blast.)

Initiatives

Succubus 75/90, shape changed to Will, 4 squares below the bridge.
Paralyth 61/96, under the bridge in J8
Will dead
Ettin, head 1 178/222
Abishai 17/51, bloodied, dazed (save ends)
Angel 145/168, attacks against are at -2, melee attacks do +1d6 radiant, slowed
"Bessie" 111/122
Ettin, head 2 hp shared with head 1, dazed (saves automatically at end of turn) <== you're up

Resources used:
  • Bessie: reverbate, bellowing blast.

[sblock=map]
EvilhRenau1g008.png
[/sblock]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
OOc:[sblock]
thanks for the other rolls, I got distracted while posting.
Samantha occasionally ties to eat her daddies computer.
as for radiant effects I was hoping for vulnerability 5, or deactivates slow aura, or even causes skull to detach from spine, fall into river and raise any dead minions(close burst 5), but the last might be a little specific. :D
it would be in the undead's statblock.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Ah, I understand the distractions completely. Valerie's too young to try to eat the computer much, but she certainly does like to help with the typing. As for radiant effects, no such luck I'm afraid.

renau1g

First Post
The ettin's right head is feeling pretty dazed after the last thunderous bellow, but manages to shake to cobwebs off and smash the club into "Bessie".

The succubus disguised as Will converts her disguise to appear as the angel that is threatening her and her undead servitor. She flies up right beside it and says, "We are not enemies, I was disguised as one of them to trick them" hoping to overcome its resistance.

Meanwhile, the Paralyth will take advantage of the distraction and lash out again with both tentacles. Once complete, it tries to overcome the willpower of the angel.

The left head directs their body to continue the assault on the destrachan, hoping that its allies were taking care of the angel below.

Cursing that despite its invisibilty it can be seen, the abishai flies away from the dreaded "Bessie" and will lick its wounds. It finally manages to shake of the lingering effects of the blast.

[sblock=OOC]
Ettin: OA against Bessie (I think I get one)
OA against Bessie (vs. AC); Dmg (1d20+15=16, 1d8+9=14)

Ettin #2: Dazed so only 1 action
Standard: Bash Bessie
Vs. AC; DMG (1d20+15=31, 1d8+9=11) (no push)
*Dazed Ends*

Succubus:
Minor: Shapechange into Angel
Move: Move to flanking position with the Paralyth
Standard: Domniate Angel
Dominate (vs. Will) (1d20+12=19) :(

Paralyth:
Standard: Nervous Feedback (2 attacks)
Vs. AC; Dmg (1d20+16=32, 2d6+6=13, 1d20+16=24, 2d6+6=11) Forgot +2 for flanking (hits 34 AC for 13 dmg & 26 AC for 11 dmg, + ongoing 5 psychic if hit & is marked)
Minor: Spinal Domination (target angel if marked by above) - target is dominated until the end of the Paralyth's next turn

Ettin #1:
Standard: Bash Bessie (I hope)
Vs Ac; DMG (1d20+15=30, 1d8+9=14) (no push)

Abishai: Regen 5
Standard: Shift 5 squares south and continue invisible
Save: Save (1d20=13)

[/sblock]

Remove ads