D&D 5E Monster Slayers of Vvarvendel

Shayuri

First Post
"Indeed!" bleats Seelia, the tiny pixie, as she pulls up short of the halfling and hovers in front of his nose.

"If pleasantries are unpleasant, then keep to the present!"

She gave a little twirl, kicking off a tiny ring of sparkly motes.

"Fortunate small one! You are about to enlist the mighty arm of SEELIA NISHNOCKET! I would envy you, if I did not constantly have the service of BOTH arms for FREE! Well done, sir!"

Then with a flash of light, she zipped over to the table and landed atop it with feet apart and fists on her hips.

"Now! Please tell us the nature of your monster emergency!"

Trogdor1992

First Post
The Halfling shoots the pixie an odd look and says "Yes, to the south of here is a cave overrun with Ogres. Usually they keep to themselves but something's been stirring them up recently, causing them to attack our town. We'd like to hire you to check into it, and put a stop to whatever's causing them to grow so bold. We may be a small town but I assure you, we can pay." Upon finishing he drops two large sacks of coin on the table.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Shayuri

First Post
"Hmmm."

Seelia rubbed her chin thoughtfully and looked at the sacks of coin, then at the halfling. Then at the sacks.

"Ogres, you say. A nefarious force of evil that's setting ogres against you. It could be anything. It could be...PIT LORDS. Or TARRASQUES. Three of them!"

"We accept!"

Trogdor1992

First Post
The Halfling chuckles at the odd pixie and says "I doubt it's anything like that, but it could be some sort of dragon or demon stirring them up, Ogres aren't exactly hard to stir up ya know. Anyway, this is half the payment should you accept, 5,000 gold coins in each sack, and two more sacks when the job is done."

Thateous

Explorer
Varus, having left unnoticed at the mention of Ogres, enters the room suited up and ready for adventure. "We ready to head out?"

Last edited:

Trogdor1992

First Post
"I take it the 20,000 gold will be enough?" the Halfling says, noticing the Dwarf's enthusiasm.

Leif

Adventurer
Arcturus Rime, Elf Paladin20

"Not to pick nits, wee noble sir, but just what are the specific conditions that will determine when the job is done and we are entitled to the second payment, and whose judgment, exactly, will determine said completion? We can't be too careful here, we've learned the hard way, and I have priests (even some druids), temples, widows, and orphans who are dependent on my steady income. Oh, and, if you don't mind too much ,or really even if you do, we have some skilled penmen [and penwomen] here who can reduce our understanding to writing, for us all to sign. You DO have authority to negotiate for and contractually bind those whom you represent, and will show us proof of that authority before we sign, correct?"

[sblock=sorry?]You guys sorry you've got a lawyer in the group yet?[/sblock]

[sblock=Neurotic]Thanks for reminding me of Arcturus Rime's name.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Trogdor1992

First Post
"We'll take your word for it, if you don't complete the job the Ogres will come back, and we'll know you lied. And I represent the town, I'm the mayor and this is my coin, as for a contract, I'll sign anything to keep these damned Ogres away from my people."

Leif

Adventurer
Arcturus Rime, Elf Paladin20

Arcturus takes the profferred coin, and studies the likeness imprinted on the golden surface. "Well, I'll be jiggered. It really is him. Not a bad likeness, either. I particularly like the way they used a dollop of electrum in the coin to represent his silver tooth. Makes counterfeiting this currency ding nigh impossible! I can think of no objections to our acceptance of this errand."

Last edited:

Remove ads