Monster vault: I has it

Aspeon

First Post
Around how many of the monsters have tokens to go with them? I'd hope it was all or at least most of them but you never know.

All of them except for minion-only monsters and swarms. (Which use generic "minion" and "swarm" tokens- but only four of the former, which I thought a little odd. Think I might also use skeletons for the generic minions as well, since there are about six of them.) Each monster statblock has the picture of the token to go along with it- there's some overlap/reuse within monsters of the same type, but you won't have a level 7 ogre and a level 15 ogre in the same fight.

wat are the new hydras like?....n wats in the animal appendix?

First off, they get free actions even if they're stunned or dominated. This becomes important later.

Second, they start with 4 heads but lose one at each 25% of max hp damage. However, if the PCs then don't hit the hydra with a certain damage type (and it changes with the different hydras), 2 heads regenerate at the start of it's next turn.

It still has threatening reach.

As a standard action, it can bite with each head...but if it only has 2 heads, it gets a +5 to damage...1 head a +15 to damage.

Each bite does 3d10 damage.

But here's the nasty part.

On a trigger where an enemy ends it's turn within 2 squares of the hydra, as a free action it gets two bits on that enemy. And because it's a free action, it can do that as many times as enemies trigger it.

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. :eek:

I love it. :)

Remove ads