Mordenkainen's Magical Emporium & magic items

Something else just occurred to me.

This might allow the elimination of the 'Daily powers per day' restriction. As far as I can tell the main reason for this restriction is so you don't buy multiples of magic items so you can spam their Daily powers.

But if they're uncommon, they can't GET those multiples if you don't want them to.

So...blam...there goes one of the annoying parts of 4e, if you want to house-rule it.

Heck, maybe that might change too? Wouldn't that be cool. :)

Another cool consquence...

You could make the Mark of Making more impressive if you allowed a character with that mark to make uncommon items. Would explain massively why House Cannith has such a monopoly over making magic items in Eberron.

And another...perhaps this would kinda fix the 'magic item economy' that so many of us don't care for?

The Little Raven

First Post
That's one of the few books I didn't buy, although I assume those would be in the Compendium?

Yup. You can just filter the items section with the FRCG as the source.

Crown of Whispers, Goblin Totem, and Greatsword of Impiltur are listed as "Storied Items" and just appear to be regular items with some story attached to them. The Horn Totem and Skull Totem appear in the Loudwater adventure.

Crown Jewel of Chessenta, Manshoon's Bloodmask, Marlspire of Najara, Scepter of the Chosen Tyrant, and Thakorsil's Seat are the minor artifacts listed in the book.

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
I'm envisioning that the craft magic item ritual gets restricted to making +X items and few other common items like potions and such. Then they add a craft Y ritual that crafts Y uncommon item specifically. That way the DM can either limit uncommon items to what he gives out only or if the player really wants to craft it, they can research/quest/(insert story item here) to get that specific ritual.

Remove ads