Mordenkainen's Tome Of Foes Showing Up In The Wild -- See These Preview Shots!

That tweet seems to have disappeared quickly - I can't find it on his account, unless I'm missing something. And it's not surprising if it has been removed as it's a month before even the FLGS release date!

That tweet seems to have disappeared quickly - I can't find it on his account, unless I'm missing something. And it's not surprising if it has been removed as it's a month before even the FLGS release date!

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
Good news, everyone! D&D came out with a new product this year, which can be purchased multiple times in multiple formats! And as always, it's not really D&D unless it skews common perceptions of classic races, displaces iconic characters into a catch-all setting that has become a distant echo of it's former glory, and has been preceeded by more sneak peeks and tantalizing previews than a traveling showgirl troupe performing an outside show in the park. Let's move on already to the next item hinted at for release and begin the 6+ month journey of hype and speculation for another collection of uninspiring and recycled ideas! 5e 4evar!! ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Good news, everyone! D&D came out with a new product this year, which can be purchased multiple times in multiple formats! And as always, it's not really D&D unless it skews common perceptions of classic races, displaces iconic characters into a catch-all setting that has become a distant echo of it's former glory, and has been preceeded by more sneak peeks and tantalizing previews than a traveling showgirl troupe performing an outside show in the park. Let's move on already to the next item hinted at for release and begin the 6+ month journey of hype and speculation for another collection of uninspiring and recycled ideas! 5e 4evar!! ;)

You seem angry about something. What's up?

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter

I am looking forward to it.

The "skewing" is irrelevant, as I modified such things for my world anyway.

"elves are seldom frivolous and carefree"?!? That's an complete 180.

I actually don’t think of Elves as frivolous or carefree. To me that describes Halflings moreso than Elves.

I think of Elves as being quite haughty and a bit solemn (like most of the Lord of the Rings Elves), even though they do appreciate the finer things (fancy attire , architecture, music, nature, art, etc.).

Grimstaff

Explorer

Rawr

Whats your issue. Cause very little of the stuff you stated there is true.

I actually don’t think of Elves as frivolous or carefree. To me that describes Halflings moreso than Elves.

I think of Elves as being quite haughty and a bit solemn (like most of the Lord of the Rings Elves), even though they do appreciate the finer things (fancy attire , architecture, music, nature, art, etc.).

Yeah I agree, frivolous and carefree are never words I would think of to describe elves.

Whats your issue. Cause very little of the stuff you stated there is true.

Yeah I agree, frivolous and carefree are never words I would think of to describe elves.

The line of text we can see doesn't say they are frivolous and carefree in fact states 'elves are seldom frivolous and carefree' - which seems to be what most people here are saying.

The line of text we can see doesn't say they are frivolous and carefree in fact states 'elves are seldom frivolous and carefree' - which seems to be what most people here are saying.

Right. But we are replying to the comment:
‘"elves are seldom frivolous and carefree"?!? That's an complete 180.’

We’re disagreeing that that is a 180.

Remove ads

Remove ads