More Than a Shaggy Person

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
There are two kinds of Minotaur, the classical monster and the species. I think they should be entirely divorced from one another, with the species perhaps given a different name.

The monster is a man who has been cursed. The design should reflect that. Mostly human (or elf, dwarf, halfling, etc.) with a bull's head. Human feet, maybe a little extra hair, and if a woman is cursed, she keeps her breasts.

The species is a humanoid bovine. Here, the hooves and fur are proper, and the women should have udders instead of breasts.

Both of these designs have a place in the game, but they should be unrelated to one another.

Last edited:

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Am I the only one who voted for no female minotaurs?

It just bugs me that there would be female minotaurs. The minotaur is by definition male. Having female ones makes it seem like a race. It's like if there were male medusas, male harpies, and male nymphs. It just doesn't make sense.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Am I the only one who voted for no female minotaurs?

It just bugs me that there would be female minotaurs. The minotaur is by definition male. Having female ones makes it seem like a race. It's like if there were male medusas, male harpies, and male nymphs. It just doesn't make sense.

KID: Where do baby minotaurs come from?
DAD: When a human queen and a divine bull love each other very much.... err they go to the baby store and buy the defective one for ½ off.

Last edited:

Mattachine

Adventurer
I just simply love that someone on the design team is saying, "Every humanoid creature doesn't constitute a race."

Lots of monsters could and SHOULD be one-offs, single tribes, cursed individuals, etc.

Remove ads