More upcoming titles has been released at the WotC site

Nyeshet

First Post
I haven't seen a post about this yet, so I guess I'll start this one.

A link to the schedule of releases for 2007 has appeared on the WotC site:

April

products_eberron_959777400_lgpic.jpg

Eyes of the Lich Queen [Eberron, Adventure]
by Stephen Schubert, Tim Hitchcock, and Nicolas Logue

This super-adventure is for levels 5-10, involves dragons, the Blood of Vol, and a curse tied to the Draconic Prophecy.

Heroes searching for a mysterious artifact called the Dragon’s Eye fall victim to an ancient curse tied to the Draconic Prophecy. They must unravel the truth about the curse while fending off agents of Lady Vol and the dragons of Argonnessen, who want to destroy them and claim the Dragon’s Eye for themselves.

Eyes of the Lich Queen is an Eberron super-adventure for 5th-level characters and is designed to take them to 10th level. The adventure uses a new combat encounter format designed to make the Dungeon Master’s job easier and to speed up play.

products_dndacc_959787400_lgpic.jpg

Fantastic Locations: City in Peril
by Ed Stark

New battle maps for the D&D Miniatures game and D&D roleplaying game.

City of Peril contains two beautifully illustrated, double-sided battle maps scaled for Dungeons & Dragons play, as well as a sixteen-page booklet of encounters designed for varying levels of play and for use with the maps.

The battle maps feature fantastic terrain designed to create large, fluid encounters, key scenes, and exciting game sessions. Rather than simple dungeon encounters, these maps evoke the epic struggles that campaign memories are made of. Three of the maps also make ideal battlegrounds for D&D Miniatures game play.

products_dndacc_955687200_lgpic.jpg

Expedition to the Demonweb Pits [Adventure]
by Wolfgang Baur and Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel

A D&D super-adventure that can be played as a mini-campaign or a series of small side adventures.

Expedition to the Demonweb Pits is a D&D super-adventure for characters of levels 9–12. It is usable as a mini-campaign on its own, as a story arc in a Dungeon Master’s regular campaign, or as a series of small side adventures with a big payoff. The structure is very flexible and eminently customizable. The adventure uses a new combat encounter format designed to make the DM’s job easier and to speed up play.

Heroes who become entangled in the adventure’s plot soon find themselves squaring off against the agents of Lolth and Graz’zt across several planes, including the Abyss.

May

products_dndacc_955647200_lgpic.jpg

Complete Champion
by Ed Stark, Chris Thomasson, Rhiannon Louve, Ari Marmell, Gary Astleford

New options for heroes with a divine cause.

Complete Champion focuses on the divine champion archetype and provides new rules options for characters who enjoy battling for a cause, defeating foes using divine power, and going on quests that mean more than simply defeating the bad guy and grabbing the treasure. This book also helps Dungeon Masters run quest-themed campaigns and adventures.

In addition to providing various archetypes for characters, Complete Champion includes new feats and prestige classes. The book features dozens of deity- and belief-themed organizations, turning religion and holy (or unholy) power into something characters of all classes can use. For the Dungeon Master, this book contains information on constructing and running quests and holy missions. It assists the DM in helping all characters in the party to pursue divine paths simultaneously.

(no pic as of yet)
Drow of the Underdark [Forgotten Realms]
by Ari Marmell, Anthony Pryor, Robert J. Schwalb, Greg A. Vaughan

The essential guide to drow characters and drow society.

At last, dark elves get their due! Drow of the Underdark is a 224-page Dungeons & Dragons supplement that provides the definitive treatise on the drow, arguably the D&D game’s most evocative evil race. Everything you want to know about drow and their subterranean homeland—as well as some things you didn’t know—can be found in this tome. This supplement is intended for players who want to play drow characters and Dungeon Masters who want to run D&D adventures and campaigns featuring drow.

June

(no image yet)
Expedition to Undermountain
by Eric L. Boyd, Ed Greenwood, Christopher Lindsay, and Sean K. Reynolds

Expedition to Undermountain is a 224-page super-adventure that revisits the greatest dungeon in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. Located beneath the city of Waterdeep, Undermountain has lured countless heroes to their doom. Like other adventures in the “Expedition” series, this product takes a classic D&D location, updates it for D&D v.3.5, and features many new surprises. It also includes source material for the players and a new combat encounter format designed to make the Dungeon Master’s job easier, as well as information to help Dungeon Masters adapt the adventure to serve their home campaigns.

products_dndacc_107977400_lgpic.jpg

The Sinister Spire [D&D, Adventure, pt 2]
by Bruce R. Cordell and Ari Marmell

The second adventure in a three-part series of core Dungeons & Dragons adventures.

DD2 The Sinister Spire is the second adventure of a three-part series, but it can also be played as a stand-alone adventure. In the first adventure, DD1 Barrow of the Forgotten King, the heroes stumbled upon an evil plot involving the theft of ancient bones from a king’s tomb. In The Sinister Spire, the heroes chase the tomb-robbers into the Underdark and stumble upon a desolated subterranean city with a dark secret.

This 64-page adventure is designed for 4th-level characters and uses a combat encounter format designed to make the DM’s job easier.

products_eberron_957287200_lgpic.jpg

The Forge of War [Eberron]
by James Wyatt, Wolfgang Baur, Ari Marmell

Secrets of the Last War revealed, plus new character options for war-torn heroes!

Explore the battles, campaigns, and heroes of the Last War with this richly detailed 160-page Eberron supplement. Add historical detail to campaigns set in Eberron’s present day, or send adventurers hurtling through time to avert the disaster of the Day of Mourning! The Forge of War includes a comprehensive outline of the course of the war, extensive new character options for war-torn heroes, a variety of campaign options, and detailed descriptions of military forces, fortresses, and battlefields.

July

products_fracc_955697200_lgpic.jpg

Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land [Forgotten Realms, Adventure, pt 2]
by Richard Baker, Eric L. Boyd, Thomas M. Reid

Elminster’s tower lies in ruins, and the town of Shadowdale has been conquered by evil Sharrans and the nefarious forces of Zhentil Keep. To drive the villains out of Shadowdale, the heroes must organize and lead a desperate revolt of Dalesfolk against their conquerors, as well as thwart the sinister designs of Shar’s servants and the Zhent garrison.

Shadowdale: The Weave Unwinding is the second part of a three-part series of 160-page hardcover super-adventures set in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, although it can be easily played as a stand-alone adventure. In addition to encounters, this book contains detailed source material on the town of Shadowdale and environs.

products_dndacc_956817200_lgpic.jpg

Monster Manual V
by (none yet listed)

New monsters ideal for any Dungeons & Dragons game.

Monster Manual V is the most recent volume in the best-selling Monster Manual line. This 224-page D&D supplement presents a fully illustrated horde of new monsters, as well as ready-to-play variations of previously existing monsters. In addition, this supplement features maps of monster lairs, sample encounters, and tactics sections to help Dungeon Masters run the more complex creatures. Additionally, many entries contain information about where monsters are likely to appear in the Forgotten Realms and Eberron campaign settings.

August

products_dndacc_109257200_lgpic.jpg

Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk [Adventure]
by Jason Bulmahn, James Jacobs, Erik Mona

A Dungeons & Dragons super-adventure for characters of levels 8–13

Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk is a 224-page D&D super-adventure that revisits Castle Greyhawk and the classic dungeon beneath. This adventure is usable as a mini-campaign on its own, a story arc in a Dungeon Master’s regular campaign, or as a series of small side adventures with a big payoff. Like other adventures in the “Expedition” series, this product takes a classic Dungeons & Dragons location, updates it for D&D v.3.5, and incorporates many new twists and surprises. This adventure also includes useful source material for the players and a combat encounter format designed to make the DM’s job easier.

September

products_dndacc_9780786943609_lgpic.jpg

Fortress of the Yuan-ti [D&D, Adventure, part 3]
by Ari Marmell

Evil yuan-ti conspire to destroy a kingdom using dark rituals and the bones of a long-dead king. To win the day, heroes must storm the yuan-ti fortress and wrest the bones from the cultists' clutches before they complete their rituals and unleash a far greater menace upon the world. DD3 Fortress of the Yuan-ti is a Dungeons & Dragons adventure designed for 6th level characters. The third adventure in a three-part series, it can also be played as a standalone adventure.

products_dndacc_9780786943616_lgpic.jpg

Exemplars of Evil
by Robert J. Schwalb

The Exemplars of Evil supplement shows Dungeon Masters how to construct memorable campaign villains and presents nine ready-to-play villains of various levels that can be easily incorporated into any D&D campaign. Each villainous entry provides complete statistics for the villain (or villains), as well as adventure seeds, campaign hooks, pregenerated minions, and a fully detailed lair.

October

(no pic as of yet)
Inn Fighting
by Rob Heinsoo

The dice game of champions in the Dungeons & Dragons world.

From the creators of Three-Dragon Ante, the Dungeons & Dragons in-world card game, comes the perfect dice game for D&D players and characters alike. With a roll of the dice, you determine whether to hurl a mug of ale at the warbling bard or smash a chair over the drunken barbarian's back. Treachery and chaos abound, as every game promises a new and hilarious tavern brawling experience. Inside every Inn Fighting box you'll find a rules sheet, a set of 6 special six-sided dice, 1 twenty-sided die, and 52 character cards. Choose a character, trade some dice rolls with your friends, and see who's left standing in the end!

products_dndacc_97807869_lgpic.jpg

Dungeon Survival Guide
by Bill Slavicsek, Christopher Perkins

This lavishly illustrated guide explores the fantastic dungeons of the fictional D&D world, from the perilous Tomb of Horrors to the Sunless Citadel and the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. Aimed at the novice dungeoneer, this book provides tips and tricks for surviving deadly dungeons of all sorts, enticing would-be dungeon explorers with stories of fabulous treasures guarded by fierce monsters and terrible traps!

products_eberron_957297200_lgpic.jpg

Dragons of Eberron
by Keith Baker

Dragons of Eberron delves into the mysterious Draconic Prophecy and various draconic organizations. It introduces the continent of Argonnessen, homeland of the dragons, and describes various adventure sites and other places of interest that have never before been presented. The remainder of the book explores dragons on the continents of Khorvaire, Sarlona, and Xen'drik and provides several ready-to-play dragons, complete with stat blocks, lairs, encounters, and adventure hooks.

products_dndacc_215397200_lgpic.jpg

Rules Compendium
by Chris Sims

Tired of hauling all of your D&D rules supplements to the gaming table? Having trouble finding the rule you need? The Rules Compendium supplement takes all of the game's most important rules and presents them in a single comprehensive, easy-to-reference volume for players and Dungeon Masters. In addition to presenting the rules of the game, the Rules Compendium incorporates official errata as well as behind-the-scenes designer and developer commentary explaining how the rules system has evolved and why certain rules work the way they do.

November

(no pic as of yet)
Grand History of the Realms
by Brian R. James

The Grand History of the Realms chronicles the rich history of the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, presenting a detailed timeline accompanied by essays from Elminster of Shadowdale and other Realmslore experts. Although not a game supplement, it serves as a handy reference guide for players and Dungeon Masters seeking information on specific historical events. In addition, the book features an exclusive Forgotten Realms short story by best-selling author R.A. Salvatore and new revelations for Realmslore aficionados.

products_fracc_978078694_lgpic.jpg

Anauroch: The Sundering of the World [Forgotten Realms, Adventure, pt 3]
by Sean K Reynolds

FR3 Anauroch is the final part of a three-part series of 160-page hardcover super-adventures set in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. It can also be easily played as a stand-alone high-level adventure. In addition to encounters, this book contains detailed source material on the land of Anauroch, home of ancient Netherese ruins and the Empire of Shade.

December

(no pic as of yet)
Elder Evils
by Robert J. Schwalb

Elder Evils provides DMs with truly wicked threats to challenge high-level heroes. Each "elder evil" described in this nightmarish tome comes with a detailed description, stat blocks for the elder evil and its minions, tips for how to incorporate the elder evil into any D&D campaign, adventure seeds, and maps of the elder evil's lair (complete with encounters and room descriptions). The book also provides guidelines to help DMs create their own unique elder evils as worthy campaign villains and endgame encounters.

I'm quite looking forward to some of these, although I'm not too certain of the adventures as of yet. Then again, I tend to like to flip through adventures before buying them . . . .

It sounds like MMV will be family to MM4, so I will not be buying it. Exemplars of Evil sounds like a villain creation guide, so I may take a look through it. Dungeon Survival Guide also sounds interesting - very interesting, actually. Rules Compendium is sounding more and more interesting - if it really does contain reasons for this or that rule having this or that form . . . . Grand History of the Realms sounds interesting; plot hooks should abound, I imagine. Elder Evils sounds like a higher level version of Exemplars of Evil.

Another plus, most of the cover art this year looks phenomenal.

Ari, there are at least 5 products there that don't have your name against them. What were you thinking! :D

*Waits for the first person to comment that the release of a Rules Compendium surely signals the end of 3.xE*

Olaf the Stout

Olaf the Stout said:
Ari, there are at least 5 products there that don't have your name against them. What were you thinking! :D

What can I say? I fell down on the job. ;)

Actually, I had the opportunity to be part of one or two others, but it would have meant not doing Fortress of the Yuan-Ti, and I couldn't resist the opportunity for a solo credit. And it'll be a little while before there are any more RPG books with my name on 'em, since I'm currently working on a novel. :D

(And no, I can't talk about what it's about, or even which line it's for. But damn, I've wanted this opportunity for ages.)

Nightfall said:
I'm more hoping for my favorite "He's not a lich, he's fey!" guy. ;) Good ole King of Autumn. ;)

Somehow, I don't think WotC would exactly go for a Scarred Lands novel. But I'll tell you, if you can talk WW into publishing them, I'll make sure there's room on my calendar to write them.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Mouse,

Well no one said he had to be "Scarred Landified". I mean yeah it's cooler there, but come on, sure there's some way you can write an evil fey creature that looks like a lich into SOME place. ;)

But hey if you rather do Scarred Lands, more power to me! Erhm you.

Someone. ;)

Nightfall said:
but come on, sure there's some way you can write an evil fey creature that looks like a lich into SOME place. ;)

Sure, I could write a "possibly fey, possibly undead, lich-looking guy" into any setting. But it wouldn't be Ilkuthsra. Just because I never got the chance to publish his background info doesn't mean I don't already know what it is. And that character is well and firmly ensconced in the Scarred Lands.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Fine, fine, you're right. Taking Ilkuthsra from the Scarred Lands would be, I guess, like taking Elminster and plopping him in Eberron. Sort of.

But eh, can't blame me for trying! ;)

Remove ads