More upcoming titles has been released at the WotC site

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Seeing the titles on that list, and the percentage of rules suppliments which appear to be completely usable by both players and dms alike, it almost seems as if WoTC is silently whispering the dreaded words into the wind that..

....next year 4e (or 3.5 revised *cough* 3.75e *cough*) will be released. At least we will finally find out this weekend...

Last edited:

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
And Sinister Spire looks like it has a mind flayer on the cover -- at least that's what it looks like at that resolution.
More importantly, it has Cordell AND Ari on the cover!

For some reason I *really* hope that MMV will be good, because I love the cover - generally, almost all covers are pretty good. WotC's art directors seem to get better *every* year.

And the "Dungeon Survival Guide" has also a *really* fine new cover design. Like that.

Olaf the Stout said:
*Waits for the first person to comment that the release of a Rules Compendium surely signals the end of 3.xE*

It took until post #21 but someone finally said it!

Relique du Madde said:
Seeing the titles on that list, and the percentage of rules suppliments which appear to be completely usable by both players and dms alike, it almost seems as if WoTC is silently whispering the dreaded words into the wind that..

....next year 4e (or 3.5 revised *cough* 3.75e *cough*) will be released. At least we will finally find out this weekend...

:D

Olaf the Stout

Knight Otu

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
It took until post #21 but someone finally said it!

:D

Olaf the Stout
Actually I'm pretty sure that it was said in a previous topic on the Rules Compendium already. :p

...and on the Magic Item Compendium and the Spell Comendium and...

Mouseferatu said:
What can I say? I fell down on the job. ;)

Actually, I had the opportunity to be part of one or two others, but it would have meant not doing Fortress of the Yuan-Ti, and I couldn't resist the opportunity for a solo credit. And it'll be a little while before there are any more RPG books with my name on 'em, since I'm currently working on a novel. :D

(And no, I can't talk about what it's about, or even which line it's for. But damn, I've wanted this opportunity for ages.)

Congrats on the novel Ari. Hopefully it leads to even more opportunities for you.

Olaf the Stout

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Relique du Madde said:

1 + 1 = Huh? :confused:

Vocenoctum

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
(And no, I can't talk about what it's about, or even which line it's for. But damn, I've wanted this opportunity for ages.)

You already DID a novel!
I read it!

Are you forgetting things in your old age?

:)

Kafkonia

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
1 + 1 = Huh? :confused:

I agree. Wouldn't it be more sensible for a company to stop releasing rules supplements prior to releasing a new edition, rather than going to the trouble of collating them and making them readily available?

There are a few goodies on that list, although not many have been added since the last time it was updated. I'm a little intrigued by some of the less-common formats, like the Survival Guide and the Evil books.

I daresay WotC has followed the Year of the Dragon with the Year of the Dungeon.

Vocenoctum said:
You already DID a novel!
I read it!

Are you forgetting things in your old age?

:)

I forget nothing!

Who are you?

Who am I?

;)

Seriously, I just meant the chance to do a novel for WotC was the opportunity I've wanted for a while. I've done a little bit of fiction for them already--a short story in the Tales of the Last War anthology--but doing a novel for them is a big step. :)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Nyeshet said:
products_dndacc_97807869_lgpic.jpg

Dungeon Survival Guide
by Bill Slavicsek, Christopher Perkins

This lavishly illustrated guide explores the fantastic dungeons of the fictional D&D world, from the perilous Tomb of Horrors to the Sunless Citadel and the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. Aimed at the novice dungeoneer, this book provides tips and tricks for surviving deadly dungeons of all sorts, enticing would-be dungeon explorers with stories of fabulous treasures guarded by fierce monsters and terrible traps!
I do not understand this product at all. I'm assuming as more information becomes available, its purpose will become more clear.

Remove ads