More upcoming titles has been released at the WotC site

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Nikosandros said:
I'm also perplexed by this item... it this supposed to teach players how to "beat" dungeons using famous dungeons in D&D history as examples and case studies?

And in this illustration, we see the tragic fate of Black Dougal as he fails to disarm the poisoned trap in the Haunted Keep.

Mr Samedi

First Post
As an Eberron fan, I feel that Forge of War has the potential to be made of almost pure awesome, tainted only by traces of win.

Unfortunately, if they do something stupid, like explain the Day of Mourning, the book could be axed by most Eberron fans.

Kafkonia

First Post
Has anyone else noticed that the cover of the DSG was just used as a full-page illustration in Dungeonscape? I know they recycle artwork, but that seems awfully soon and prominent.

Kafkonia said:
Has anyone else noticed that the cover of the DSG was just used as a full-page illustration in Dungeonscape? I know they recycle artwork, but that seems awfully soon and prominent.

It could easily be a place-holder cover. Lots of books don't have their covers finalized this early in the process.

Nyeshet

First Post
Mr Samedi said:
Unfortunately, if they do something stupid, like explain the Day of Mourning, the book could be axed by most Eberron fans.
This is what I am worried might occur: an explanation of the Mourning or some of the other mysteries of Eberron. On the one hand, it would be interesting to know the official reason, but on the other hand, it would destroy the ability of the DMs to use their own reasonings and hooks in regards to those mysteries. Rather like with Kalamar, some things should be left up to the DMs.

Dire Bare

Legend
MerricB said:
The basic problem with the line comes from the title: Fantastic Locations. For these sorts of maps, you don't want Fantastic locations, you want reusable, generic locations!

Yeah, but who's gonna buy modules from the excitingly named "Generic Locations" line? :)

Baron Opal

First Post
I expect that this book will have several similarities with Secrets of Xendrik. That is, I believe that they will say "the Day of Mourning was caused by *this*. Or, maybe *this*. Or *this*, or *this*." There will be a number of possibilities, but nothing will ever be defined as the definitive cause of the Mourning.

mhensley

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
Seeing the titles on that list, and the percentage of rules suppliments which appear to be completely usable by both players and dms alike, it almost seems as if WoTC is silently whispering the dreaded words into the wind that..

....next year 4e (or 3.5 revised *cough* 3.75e *cough*) will be released. At least we will finally find out this weekend...

What I find most curious is that none of these titles has Mr. Mearls as an author. What is he working on I wonder? :uhoh:

Monkey King

Explorer
Mr Samedi said:
As an Eberron fan, I feel that Forge of War has the potential to be made of almost pure awesome, tainted only by traces of win.

Fortunately, neither Ari nor James nor I are stupid enough to explain the Day of Mourning. Although there are a number of theories...

Remove ads