• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most overrated "broken" things?

Cameron

First Post
Someone said:
I've seen some of such comparisons in the Wizards' boards. Generally they use heavily twinked fighters oriented either to full attacks, or a devastating charge, in which case they may outdamage the warblade. Since the warblade can use his maneuvers reliably, and the fighter must either start his turn adjacent to the enemy (for full attacks) or away form it (for charges), my personal conclusion is that the warblade is roughly equivalent to a fighter with an extra move action available every turn.
These days, the Paladin and his Charging Smite variant is a better base for chargers, I think.

smetzger

Explorer
Tetsubo said:
I have to call you on this one, even if there is another thread...

Show me the pictures. Show me historical examples of a weapon like the Spiked Chain that has been used in the real world. I've read dozens of books on the history of weapons. Heck, I have a better weapon reference collection then the city library. And there isn't a single image or described weapon that even looks vaguely like a Spiked Chain.

The spikes on the chain are a bit much. But an actual chain is believable. Seen Shanhai Noon?

czak808

First Post
The warblade gets BAB & saves as a fighter AND 4+ skill points/ level, d12 for hit points, class and a special ability at every other level? Compared to the other martial classes, yea that seems much more powerful.

Thurbane

First Post
czak808 said:
The warblade gets BAB & saves as a fighter AND 4+ skill points/ level, d12 for hit points, class and a special ability at every other level? Compared to the other martial classes, yea that seems much more powerful.
No, apparently it's only on pen and paper, or so I'm told... :p

Felon

First Post
smetzger said:
The spikes on the chain are a bit much. But an actual chain is believable. Seen Shanhai Noon?

I think this topic may still be off-limites (look for the red text on the previous page), but at any rate, Tetsubo has stated the intent to not reply in this thread again.

FireLance

Legend
czak808 said:
You do realize that the barbarian also gets BAB and saves as a fighter and 4+ skill points/ level, d12 for hit points, and a special ability at every level too, right? ;)

Moon-Lancer

First Post
I addition the war blade are also not proficient with any ranged weapons of any kind (except those that are already melee weapons) and they are not proficient with heavy armor or tower shields.

wildstarsreach

First Post
The Cerebremancer! That being said, I played one from 1st to 20th in an Age of Worms campaign. People say that psionics is broken, the complement of magic aids that my psion could go super nova and then act as a wizard with little hampering of the character. In addition, they use the same prime stat requisite. This means that it is cheaper to be good with half the cost than the MT.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
wildstarsreach said:
The Cerebremancer! That being said, I played one from 1st to 20th in an Age of Worms campaign. People say that psionics is broken, the complement of magic aids that my psion could go super nova and then act as a wizard with little hampering of the character. In addition, they use the same prime stat requisite. This means that it is cheaper to be good with half the cost than the MT.
Cerebremancer vs. MT is an interesting comparison.

- Ceremremancer: one casting stat.

- Mystic Theurge: share Metamagic feats and Item Creation feats.

I wonder which is "technically" stronger... probably depends on the style of the game. Downtime + wealth for item creation would be the tipping point I suspect. :)

Cheers, -- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads