Most Unusual or Outrageous Character or NPC Names

howandwhy99

Adventurer
In the Eberron Campaign I play in my character is a Changling Psion(Telepath). So his personality is rather like a Dopplegangers: split many ways. I chose him/her/it partly out of my jealousy of DMs getting to play every different type of character as an NPC, but players being allowed only one single character. The party knows him as "REM" the changeling, but he also has several favorite forms each with their own name. He is sort of like a spy with different aliases for each form. For instance: (with some yet unfinished)
  • Ember – a young red headed woman, fiesty, early 20's.
    [*]Otion (Ocean) – a high elf, older, snobby, english accent.
    [*]Oval - new
    [*]Innocence – young boy about 9, big tearful eyes, quiet
    [*]Hinder – Rough, bounty hunter
    [*]Old Clay – an old dwarf, gruff, rude,
    [*]iss - sly, new
    [*]Arry – simpleton human male
    [*]Mark – strong fighter type
    [*]Edy – roguish
The players haven't seen every form planned yet, but neither have they noticed the commonality between names:
  • REM ember
  • REM otion
  • REM oval
  • REM iniscense (innocence)
  • REM inder (hinder)
  • REM old clay
  • REM iss
  • REM arry
  • REM (m)ark
  • REM edy

Last edited:

s/LaSH

First Post
These two are not mine; they're from RPGnet, but I think they deserve reporting.

First: Someone decided to play a cleric, a man of peace, and called him Ghandi. Fairly transparent right there. But Ghandi died, and this player decided to make a different character. Ghandi's evil twin, Snake Ghandi.

The name says it all, really.

Second: This one isn't remotely Grandma-safe, so I'll sprinkle it with pretty stars (and even then it's making my internal language filters queasy). The quintessential PC: Killf**k Soulsh**ter.

Hard to get more focused than that, isn't it?

Zuoken

First Post
After one particularly lengthy and boring Sunday evening (as well as about eight too many Mountain Dews) I began building what I thought would be the ultimate munchkin d20 Modern damage dealer.

When I finished, I thereby christened him Min-Max Payne.

Psionicist

Explorer
Well, we rarely use joke names in our group, but we do have two names we usually mention when someone comes up with a really bad name as a hint the name is, well, bad. The names are Bumbi Johnson and Zorro Johnson. Probably the ugliest thing you can ever pronounce in english with a swedish accent, in a swedish sentence. :)

Last edited:

Elton

First Post
I played with a thief by the name of onawallet. so of course the other players gave him the first name of uusta. (you-useta ownawallet)

Remove ads