• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(MSH) Nightmares of Futures Past

rangerjohn

Explorer
Fastlane and Co.

Fastlane winces at Red Snake's coldness, "have I lost people close to me? Just my family and friends. I wonder who thier after this time?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"This Magneto you speak about seemed to be an intelligent person, and able to do what he had planed. Why is that he did not succeed in enslaving these weaklings?" Asks Sheng to Solarie, before turning to Fastlane. "Then, why not take vengeance against them? Pain deserves pain in retribution." He looks at one side, and then to the other, realizing the impresion he was giving.
"These times are strange to me, somehow people have come to be more afraid, less agressive and more clustered in their own sides. I think I will never understand this place."

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Providence does not feel the need to talk to the little demon anymore, so she waits for TroubleSeeker to fire off. The demon will escape shortly.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"To be honest, I'm not sure where Magneto went to. I imagine he's either dead or in hiding these days. And he is intelligent, but not because he wants to enslave humans. That's just arrogance. Remember when I said they outnumber mutants more than a thousand to one? And most mutants don't even have powers that really lend themselves to fighting. Anyway the point is, it doesn't matter which side you are on. A war between mutants and humans will devastate millions. I'd rather find a non-violent solution myself. But I am willing to risk my life for my cause if need be."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Interesting things mutants are indeed. Vile and perverse as humans, but able of compassion and forgiveness, as humans. The only difference is that they have... powers you said, but I have witnessed only the power of moving steel carriages. And you said mutants fight each other too? How then are they more advanced than normal humans, like myself?" Sheng chuckles. "I think they have the same vices and virtues of normal folk."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fastlane and Co.

Sitting out in an alley, "chatting" seems like a sure way to get attention they don't want so are heroes (yes I am including Sheng in that :p) decide to find a safe house. Solaire knows of a few address given to him by X-Force, and the location of his MLA contact base.

Providence

The troubleseeker again fires off, but the feeling isn't quite the same. Providence feels pulled to her destination instead of guided. When she can focus and see again, it appears that she has returned to the Temple of the Ancient One. With the Tome still tucked under her arm she starts to walk back to her room but then notices something amiss. It is night time the moon a quarterly slit high in the night sky, tells her it is past midnight. But the Troubleseeker has never before taken her out of time she left during the morning, stayed less than an hour and should have returned only the same amount of time passing. Very troubled she goes off to find someone to help answer a few questions.

[sblock=ooc] Been giving characters the once over before we make this official. Will be slightly changing and mostly to the good. :lol:

Also great Character interaction so I will add 30 points to the group Karma pool.[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Alright, listen. We could sit here and argue for hours. The point is, we need to get somewhere safe. Fastlane, you know how to find 1614 Wharf Avenue? It's supposed to be on the east side of town. I have good reason to believe we can find a safehouse there."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yes, let us find shelter and food. I have not eaten since a long time, nor remember the pleasure of drinking fresh water." says the sorcerer nodding to his newfound comrades.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fastlane and Co.

Following Solaire's directions leads to a MLA safe house currently not in use. The three men take shelter there for the night and in the morning discuss plans for what to do next.

[sblock=ooc] Think I read somewhere VV is on vacation till the 2oth?? not sure. Just means the Red Snake Sorcerer will be doing alot of meditating till he gets back LOL. [/sblock]

Providence

[sblock=ooc]
Is the Ancient One around or is he not your mentor, btw what level is she? Do we go by the levels in the Realms of Magic [/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
'I'm not sure if I properly thanked you for getting me out of that jam, Fastlane. But even if I did, let me say it again. You're a life-saver. I really have no idea what came over that mob. It's like I have a sign on my back or something that says, 'I'm a mutant! Ask me how!'"

Then, taking Fastlane aside in private, he says...
[sblock=Fastlane]"Are you certain we can trust this Red-Snake guy? He seems kinda... homicidal, if you know what I mean. I really don't think he's quite balanced in the head."[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Is the safehouse just an empty location that we can stay that is supposed to be a safe haven for mutants in the Resistance? Or is there someone who takes care of the place? Certainly there has to be an owner who at least stops by occasionally.[/sblock]

Remove ads