Muhahaha, Userfriendly has it nailed

Ashardalon

First Post
Turanil said:
I guess it is mediocre and unfunny because it's true... :p
No, it's mediocre and unfunny because it is false. 3.X had no level cap. The 3.0 core books did, but that was quickly abolished with the Epic Level Handbook. The 3.5 core books incorporated Epic as well, having no level cap. The 4th Edition core books will have a level cap of 30. I predict that it will not take until 5E until that level cap is abolished.

Honestly, there is enough factual material that could be made fun of. There is no need to invent something.

F4NBOY

First Post
I hope he doesn't come with something like:
"So any news about $E? oops just held the Shift with the wrong key...."

Gryffyn said:
I love User Friendly in general, but there never was a "level cap" in D&D. Every edition* has had some rules, however crude, for unlimited level advancement. Even 3e had a short blurb in the FRCS before the Epic book came out.

*With the possible exception of BECMI, with I never dug very deeply into.
BECM went up to 36th level. If you made it to Immortal, I don't think there was a cap on that.

Glyfair

Explorer
F4NBOY said:
That strip also sucked.
Maybe because I've read those claimings like a hundred times since 4E was announced.
It wasn't funny later, can't be funny now... :\

I can understand that after hearing the 100th "D&D is an MMORPG." However, that's in character for these guys. Also, they were more accurate. I like the quote "the gamemaster is the CPU" - especially if you think Tron ;)

It was far from his best, but I think a lot of this was being exposed to this sort of discussion on the forums.

Remove ads