Multiclass my rogue?

malien

First Post
I saw a pretty formidable character in one campaign I played in. They were a tiefling rogue/swashbuckler (from CW), whom went into the 3.5 Duelist PrC. I think they had one of those three-part situation feats from CW, and used blindfight, and innate darkness ability, to have foes stabbing at them, hitting eachother instead, and dealing nice sneak attack damage.

Man, that was one slick character. Wish I remembered all the details! ;)

calypso15

Explorer
Darklone said:
Hmm, dealing sneak attack in darkness? Do tieflings have no miss chance in darkness?

Well, tieflings can create magical darkness. If you took blindfight and blindsight, you would function perfectly well in your own magical darkness, while more than likely your opponent would not.

Calypso

Majere

First Post
calypso15 said:
Yeah, sorry, forgot to discuss that. I'm not the only rogue of the party, there is a gnome illusionist with equal open locks and disable devices. I'm the face-man though. Highest Cha, lots of diplomacy and gather information. When it comes to combat, right now I tend to start out with my crossbow, then tumble in to attack with my rapier for sneak damage, then run away.

I do have a bracer of archery, so I'm looking for a decent longbow, and I'll just become a sniper.

Calypso

Some possible options in this case:
Shadow dancer 1, Fighter X.
Using hide in plain sight to get sneak attack damage most rounds, and fighter to buff out your archer potential and BAB.

If you have a campeign that has a heavy bias to one race of enemy then:
Shadowdancer 1, Ranger 2, Fighter X
This trades a fighter feat for better saves favoured enemy, track and you get the feat back from the combat style.

Just some thoughts.

Majere

Darklone

calypso15 said:
Well, tieflings can create magical darkness. If you took blindfight and blindsight, you would function perfectly well in your own magical darkness, while more than likely your opponent would not.

Calypso
Ok... Getting blindsight isn't that easily though.

I guess the usually nice 3 wizard levels wouldn't fit this rogue, right?

Majere

First Post
Darklone said:
Ok... Getting blindsight isn't that easily though.

I guess the usually nice 3 wizard levels wouldn't fit this rogue, right?

3 levels of wizard followed by arcane trickster could be an option.
But your hps will be even worse than they are now. I think you best change of shining in combat will be to go down the line of an archer build with some trick to pull off your sneak attacks. (wether it be some spell casting and a wand of iproved invis, or hide in plain sight).

Of course that is just my 2c.

Majere

sledged

First Post
Majere said:
3 levels of wizard followed by arcane trickster could be an option.
It would have to be 5 levels. The arcane trickster requires the ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells.

Remove ads