Mummy's Mask Adventure Path

Botter

Villager
Greetings and thank you all for contributing to these reviews & thoughts. I will admit, our little group has enjoyed this first book of the adventure and our group Role plays a lot, regardless of where they are (I also added a few more RP encounters for them, since they dig it). I guess I am not so much as writing a review so much as I am saying thanks for the ideas & assessments to all of you. I love this website for this very reason & I need to say it more often.

I am already pre-reading all the Adventure path books for this & if needed, I am planning to tweak/change the final books or end game to be more climactic. Thanks to you Ackbladder for making some fine financial points regarding this one. Even after the first module, I found myself thinking “Gosh, this is spread all over the books!”

My review of the Mummy Mask AP so far (finished playing through Book one, about to start book two this Friday) is to make it your own & make it appealing to your group. Starfox & Darth Borehd above hit the nail on the head (at least for myself from a GM stand point) Pulp genre adventure/roaring 20s all the way for the win on this one!

When I ran the first module (before I read anything here, my mistake) I would start with the Raiders o’Lost Ark Theme and ran the adventure in a very Pulp genre style. We have enjoyed it, thus far and I am going to try to keep that style of play + energy level up. I am going to apply the "Guns everywhere" option from the UC book that Darth Borehd mentions and get them moving even faster in a more cinematic style.

For those researching a better way to run things and prepare as a game master, I highly recommend popping over to Mr. Navior’s full reviews for some great overviews, warnings and assessments. I do only recommend if you are a GM because the spoilers are plentiful, which he warns readers about well in advance.

Thank you again all for the fine reviews & I will try to remember to pop back on here & give my final overall review (or actually give a full review) once I have completed this AP with my gaming group of crypt delvers! My Best to you all. Keep on rolling! Bots.

Remove ads