[Music: The Hairbands] Lets hear it for the Glamrockers!!!

Hey all, sorry I'm late to the party, but I've preparing to move before Christmas....

As far as Christian Metal some notable remissions are Shout! (practically the fathers of 80s Hair metal in the Christian vein (yes, though Stryper and Bloodgood were more famous, Ken Tamplin had been writing for Guitar magazine for nearly a decade.)), Angelica (Awesome Canadian rockers, though is there any other type?), Holy Soldier (Stryper rip offs but pretty good), Xalt, Tourniquet (Christian Speed/Thrash), Jeff Sheetz and Candlemass along with a host of others I'm forgetting at the moment.

As far as mainstream stuff Danny, you forgot Steelheart, Nelson (they were on Headbanger's ball so they do count), Autograph, Guiffria (England), Y&T, Killer Dwarfs (Canada), Blue Murder, RATT, TNT (Sweden), Europe (Also Sweden), Journey (at least some of their stuff), Great White, Honeymoon Suite (Canada), and Vixen

As far as solo acts - Billy Squire and Tony McAlpine

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As far as mainstream stuff Danny, you forgot Steelheart, Nelson (they were on Headbanger's ball so they do count), Autograph, Guiffria (England), Y&T, Killer Dwarfs (Canada), Blue Murder, RATT, TNT (Sweden), Europe (Also Sweden), Journey (at least some of their stuff), Great White, Honeymoon Suite (Canada), and Vixen

As far as solo acts - Billy Squire and Tony McAlpine

T-Foot- you need to be a little more careful when you say I forgot something- I named a few of those in my first post (I bolded those) and some of my subsequent ones. Grr! I forget NOTHING! (I just occasionally mentally misplace something for periods of time...)

But on balance, you're right, and what's funny is that several of those are in my collection (underlined). I'm glad you mentioned Honeymoon Suite and Blue Murder. HS had some really cool stuff, and Blue Murder was simply an epic single-album...epic, I tell you! "Ptolemy" and "Valley of the Kings" were huge, sprawling tracks of awesome.

Anyone else remember...

April Wine? Keel? Zebra (one of my all-time faves)?

JENNIFER BATTEN!

What about Hanoi Rocks? Enuff z Nuff? Jackyl? Gary Hoey? Extreme (they have reformed and have a new album)? Chastain? Warlock/Doro?

Helloween? Girlschool? L.A. Guns? Hurricane? Tygers of Pan Tang? Kix?

OMG- how could I not have mentioned...

"Diamond" David Lee Roth's solo band?

Last edited:

Darkwolf71

First Post
Diamond Dave!

For that matter has anyone mentioned Van Halen/Van Hagar? And you can't talk about Eddie without mentioning the rest of the guitar god trinity, Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteen.

Tora Tora, Accept, Warlock, Bon Jovi, (surely mentioned already but I can't find it.) Bulletoys, Joan Jett and my sweet, sweet Lita Ford. Oh... and Sweet.

Danny, please forgive me, I meant no disrespect my brother from another mother. ;)

I must admit that Zebra is also one of my all-time favs, but left them off (as I did Triumph) because I'm not sure how much glam/hair is really there (ok, there is a little). I kind of consider April Wine in that same vein (how about Cheap Trick while we're at it?). Also good catch on Jackyl but we all missed KIX (and considering I'm currently living in the B-more are (though not for long)) I feel a small sense of "Whoops-itude".

Dark Wolf, Nice catch on Doro/Warlock, and Accept, I fell a little peeved at myself that I forgot them.

As far as Steve Vai and Yngwie I put them in the same group as the above, I can't really call them hair bands, but they did have the hair! Guess If I included McApline, I really should though, since we have Jeff Sheetz, Gary Hoey, Jennifer Batten (nice again Danny), and Van Halen, we just as well add Eric Johnson, Joe Satriani and Racer X (Paul Gilbert). I Think that pretty much nails all of the real guitar gods of the time, but then again, I'm a drummer. :D

Remove ads