[Mutant Future]Welcome to Slimy Lake! (OOC)

Shayuri

First Post
No need to apologize. I was a bit slow in posting, and as a rule of thumb it's -always- better to keep things moving than to wait on a slowbie. :)

I wanted to work out what Alecto's relationship to the others was before I posted, but I let that delay me unduly. If anyone should be apologizing it's me. :)

Thanks for the input about game mechanics. Alecto will delay until the spider is within 50 yards, then use her electric attack.

Note, the description for that power does say 50 feet...are we changing that to yards?

GlassEye

Adventurer
...I wanted to work out what Alecto's relationship to the others was before I posted...

Sorry, I hesitated to make suggestions for other people's pc histories. Guess I'll go ahead and make some suggestions for Grub & Alecto, at least. Other ideas may follow later. In Alecto's history you say she was found in some sort of pod, awakened by scavengers and ended up working on tech in some settlement. That settlement could have been the very mutant unfriendly enclave where Grub was raised as a slave and treated so poorly. Alecto knew she was an android but the people of the enclave didn't and so they treated her with a decent amount of respect and she gained a fair amount of status based on her apparent lack of mutations (I hope this is true, I haven't really taken a close look at your pc mutations) and skill with technology. Perhaps Grub was occasionally told to help her with menial chores so that she could concentrate more on working with the enclaves supplies of tech. An off hand comment or two about Grub's standing in the enclave (and maybe a musing why he didn't change it) set Grub to thinking about his freedom.

An accident of some sort revealed that Alecto is an android and the villager's reacted poorly. Suddenly Alecto is worse off than Grub: the villager's consider her property and treat her with a hostility just shy of violence since they feel that she has deliberately deceived them. Finding herself in an untenable situation Alecto makes a fair assessment of the work she has done for the enclave and takes some gear and gold in compensation and leaves the village. This coincides with the Grub's decision to leave and they both find themselves leaving the village in the wee hours of the morning...

This is a lot of detail for a 'suggestion' but you can take and leave whatever parts might interest you. The main point for Grub and Alecto would be the comments by Alecto that set Grub to thinking and their decision to leave on the same night. Everything else is 'take it or leave it' as you see fit.

Shayuri

First Post
Whoa! That's some great stuff!

I like the overall shape of what you have here...I have a few ideas for tinkering with it, but they're fairly superficial...

More when I've more time to post.

Thanks a lot, Glasseye!

GlassEye

Adventurer
Whoa! That's some great stuff!

I like the overall shape of what you have here...I have a few ideas for tinkering with it, but they're fairly superficial...

More when I've more time to post.

Thanks a lot, Glasseye!

You're welcome. And revise anything you see fit.

Oddly enough I read the OOC and posted this before I read the IC thread where Alecto muses on the reactions of people discovering she's an android and feeling deceived and betrayed. Sweet little bit of parallel thought there.

Alvordian

First Post
No need to apologize. I was a bit slow in posting, and as a rule of thumb it's -always- better to keep things moving than to wait on a slowbie. :)

I wanted to work out what Alecto's relationship to the others was before I posted, but I let that delay me unduly. If anyone should be apologizing it's me. :)

Thanks for the input about game mechanics. Alecto will delay until the spider is within 50 yards, then use her electric attack.

Note, the description for that power does say 50 feet...are we changing that to yards?

Yea, its on old and sort of quirky rule, but outside-ie not in a dungeon -ranges and movement change into yards.

Alvordian

First Post
Ok a few housekeeping things. First, if no one objects, I will do the die rolling just for expediency's sake.

Next just as a reminder xp in Mutant Future is given just not for combat. As an old school rule set it gives xp for gold. 1 gp=1 xp when looting dungeons.

I will also give xp for special story awards or great RP'ing.

In addition, I will give bonus xp for exploration. If the party goes to a particularly remote location, or a dangerous one, or discovers a place long lost to the world, there will be an xp bonus.

Finally to keep my sanity in referring to character sheets, Ive posted a campaign page over at Obsidian Portal. Its kinda bare bones right now with your basic PC sheets up.

Thanks.

Alvordian

First Post
Do you want us to post our sheets over there? Because the character tab is empty currently.

The character sheets right now are on the Party sidebar on the Home tab. I just havent gotten around to filling the character tab or putting anything else there.

EDIT: Apparently any character designated as a PC goes to the sidebar; the character tab is for NPCs I guess.

Last edited:

Alvordian

First Post
XP Awards and other XP related stuff

XP so far 70 each for defeating the spider.

As I spoke before, I want to encourage exploration and spur on some of you characters in game motivations with some meta game awards. Therefore, I will award bonus xp for exploring/ achievements:

Reaching the Farm Town: 50 xp
Visiting the Fishing Village: 50 xp
Visiting/exploring the Island Ruins: 100 xp
Exploring all the Lumpy Hills: 200 xp
Visiting the Shrine and making an offering: 300 xp
Exploring the Dome: 200 xp
Climbing the highest peak in the Craggy Mountains 1000 xp
Swimming to the bottom of Slimy Lake: 1000 xp
Going to the center of the Glowing Maw: 2000 xp
Seeing a Gamma Wyrm fly overhead: 100 xp
Riding a Gamma Wyrm: 500 xp
Finding a functioning wheeled vehicle of the Ancients: 400 xp