• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mutant Future]Welcome to Slimy Lake! (OOC)

Alvordian

First Post
For the most part I leave that to you. For purposes of the game, you all had to leave the east because things were bad. Travel is safer in groups so somewhere along the line you joined up, with the general purpose of heading here, where its rumored to be better.

Your purpose apart from survival is the same as any adventuring group in a rpg, which is up to you. But for now, you are mostly strangers in a strange land.

Shayuri

First Post
Another question - I note that androids of whatever type are pretty much disliked/distrusted by all races by default.

But it also notes that synthetic androids are fairly hard to tell apart from humans. Does that mean Alecto can pass herself off as a human, as long as she doesn't get cut up in front of folks?

I'll assume that by now she's probably had to fix herself more than once, so she knows what she is...if not necessarily who built her or why.

Alvordian

First Post
Another question - I note that androids of whatever type are pretty much disliked/distrusted by all races by default.

But it also notes that synthetic androids are fairly hard to tell apart from humans. Does that mean Alecto can pass herself off as a human, as long as she doesn't get cut up in front of folks?

I'll assume that by now she's probably had to fix herself more than once, so she knows what she is...if not necessarily who built her or why.

Androids like those with obvious mutations may not be trusted by those that or mostly "normal." In general, androids are at the bottom of the trust ladder, but this can vary by community. But in general, synthetics look close enough to normal humans that only an intimate situation or a wound would give away his identity.

I assume Alecto knows what she is, too.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I like the idea of a collective backstory and am willing to entertain other ideas to make Grub work out with whatever works with everyone else.

I assumed that Grub was from an enclave that favored pure humans and mutants with less noticeable mutations. Grub though somewhat humanoid in appearance is still obviously a mutated animal. Probably from the surrounding area full of somewhat hostile mutants, he was considered much less than human and treated like a slave and pushed around and abused whenever the villagers felt like it. With no recourse to stop or prevent it and not being the brightest Grub didn't realize it could be different until someone planted the seed that it didn't have to be that way. Once he made up his mind, he left. Beyond that, I hadn't considered much so if you have ideas to integrate everyone together I would like to hear them.

Vertexx69

First Post
I put a tiny bit of the others in my background as a beginning that could give the others ideas to expand on in their own backgrounds.

Alvordian

First Post
Shayuri- I first apologize for leaving Alecto in the dust. It wasn't my intention..my defense is that I'm on a netbook and saw five replies and missed the fact one of those wasn't yours.

As to intiiative, I'm doing the rolls. The party has initiative. I can post results if you wish, I was simply trying to keep thread clutter down.

You can delay an action if you wish. Initiative is by group, so everyone can act when they have time to post. You can make your actions contingent on other actions and I'll sort it out.

Also, I have a great love/hate relationship with encumbrance in rpgs.They've mostly been tedious to track and mostly unrealistic. Mutant Future, like its progenitor Basic D&D doesn't take in account above average STR scores.

Since encumbrance is an optional rule, I will for the time being have everyone's base tactical/encounter/run speed be 120/40/120. Given the abstract nature of messageboard games I don't think is too unfair.

Common sense should prevail, though. Weight still impacts flying and swimming. Trying an arduous climb or jump will be affected by what you carry. It will be easier to sneak up on an enemy without equipment or armor (or even boots) than with. Carrying a treasure chest or a fellow wounded comrade will hamper movement.

I will of course let everyone know the risks involved should such a situation arise. These situations may set up interesting tactical problems with real risks involved, but its not my intention to kill off a PC over anything so minor without fair warning.

Remove ads