• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mutant Future]Welcome to Slimy Lake! (OOC)

Vertexx69

First Post
I think with the food route, more of a hunter type plant. I'm buying a donkey to carry rations and water and the like since I can only carry 36lbs with me while flying, which is taken up by my weapon and armor. One of the other party members can guide him while I'm flitting about.

I'd like the ability to stop secreting the poison for roleplaying purposes if Deathvine needed to.

So YES to the using poison and electricity on the same unarmed attack.
NO to poison being applied to any weapon.

Yes or No - to discharging electricty through a metal weapon? Wrapping wire along the length of the wooden "staff" part to the blade of the scythe for no appreciable added weight?

hero4hire

Explorer
hero4hire welcome aboard...wow we actually have a cross section of the races, which has never happened in any game I've played before.

Barring any problems I'll put up the first IC post tomorrow. I'm flexible as to posting frequency, although more is obviously better.

Yeah I figured I'd round out the races..Though mutant humans are my favorite. :)

Alvordian

First Post
I think with the food route, more of a hunter type plant. I'm buying a donkey to carry rations and water and the like since I can only carry 36lbs with me while flying, which is taken up by my weapon and armor. One of the other party members can guide him while I'm flitting about.

I'd like the ability to stop secreting the poison for roleplaying purposes if Deathvine needed to.

So YES to the using poison and electricity on the same unarmed attack.
NO to poison being applied to any weapon.

Yes or No - to discharging electricty through a metal weapon? Wrapping wire along the length of the wooden "staff" part to the blade of the scythe for no appreciable added weight?

Yes to poison and electricity both in defense and offense. No to poison being applied to a weapon.

No to discharging through a weapon or conductor. Although you could apply electricity against or through an inanimate item, (to damage a machine for instance) it would most likely destroy or damage the item and make the attack lose it potency. I don't want to get into the science of these things since this is science fantasy. But your mutation could be used in such circumstances outside combat should the need arise.

Last edited:

Alvordian

First Post
@hero4hire- I appreciate that, but if you truly wish to make a mutant you can just keep your ability rolls.

Although I think pure humans are pretty underestimated in the game since they are not as flashy as mutants. But their saves and hit points are usually the best and they can survive alot of punishment.

Vertexx69

First Post
I had one of the best times ever RPGing as a plain human amongst a group of phychics and magic users in an old Paladium game. It all comes down to how the one running it handles the situation. The idea of the old fashioned gunslinger thrown into the mix with the armadillo guy, the frog guy, the robot and the flying plant is extremely appealing ;p

Will we continue to mutate as levels are gained? Like an extra beneficial mutation of our type every 4 levels or something from the residual radiation in our bodies?

Or maybe we could find a monster that does minimum radiation dmg to keep as a pet to force mutations :p with the 5 failed rad saves per day thing. J/K

Oni

First Post
Although I think pure humans are pretty underestimated in the game since they are not as flashy as mutants. But their saves and hit points are usually the best and they can survive alot of punishment.

I was really tempted to make a pure human 17d8 for HP would have been pretty beefy, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to roll for mutations.

Alvordian

First Post
Ok putting up IC thread in Playing the Game. Please purchase the last of your equipment-like Deathvine's mule and food.

I'm flexible on posting, so we'll see what pace we fall into...

Game On!

Shayuri

First Post
Well, that or Gamma World. :)

Of course, a -lot- of Mutant Future looks cribbed over from Gamma World.

Which is fine with me.

I do have questions regarding our gang/group/party/etc. Chief among them...do we have some kind of collective backstory? How did we meet? Where? Do we have a common purpose? What is it? How long have we known each other?

These are questions not just for the GM, but for us all.

Remove ads