[Mutant Future]Welcome to Slimy Lake! (OOC)

hero4hire

Explorer
I used to love the old Gamma World game.

For poops and giggles I rolled up a mutated human. Extremely modest stats with anti-empathy so everyone wants to attack him, but he ended up with an array of defensive powers .

It was fun to roll up.

Shayuri

First Post
I'm thinking about a synthetic android at this point...the ability to pick mutations seems quasi-vital. My dice-fu on Invisible Castle is TERRIBLE.

Anyway, just wanted to see if there's any differences in game starting situations for androids or other characters of artificial origin?

Alvordian

First Post
Good to see everything progressing.

@Hero4hire chargen is almost a mini game in itself.

@Shayuri androids like mutants may find difficulty in some situations or communities.In others not. Vague I know, but theres not permanent in game bias against a particular type.

Vertexx69

First Post
The down side of the artificials, from what I can see, is that as they lvl up they can't improve physical stats like living characters can. But they are immune to poison ;p

GlassEye

Adventurer
1) I rolled a three for one of my stats. :( My pc also has the mental drawback of Atrophied Cerebellum. What happens if I want to put the 3 into his Intelligence?

2) Is the natural weapon of a mutant animal considered a hand-to-hand weapon?

3) Probably missed it but I couldn't find base AC...

Last edited:

Alvordian

First Post
Glass eye your PC would probably become close to non functioning. Technically there is no score below 3 or mod below -3, but your PC wouldn't be able to talk very well and would definitely have a hard time figuring out how to use any tech.

In Mutant Future the base AC is 9. AC is descending so it gets smaller with dex and armor modifiers.

Any natural weapon of a mutant animal horn, claw, or tail etc would be considered a "hand to hand" or melee weapon IMHO. so the str bonus the mutation gives would be applied.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay! I think I'm about done with my android.

Synethetic humanoid android...decent stats, some interesting abilities, and an unexpectedly large amount of starting equipment thanks to a good money roll. :)

In terms of role, Alecto is calm and intellectual and methodical...though she sometimes doesn't SEEM that way, since her brain and body work incredibly fast. She's a good ranged combatant, and very good at analyzing artifacts.

Background's fairly basic. Mostly like woke up without much memory in some kind of "escape pod" in the wasteland. Perhaps when some tech scavengers broke it open. Mistaking her for a living person, they took her back to some township where she stayed for a bit, helping them with their tech scavenging with her formidable skills.

Finally, after earning some money and getting some gear, she decided to seek out her fortune elsewhere...and so on.

Alecto
Synthetic Android (radiation reduced 1 lvl, +3 save vs heat/cold, immune poisons)
Level 1
Exp: 0/3000

Str 14 (+1 melee hit/damage)
Dex 16 (-2 AC, +2 ranged attack, +1 init)
Con 12
Int 14 (+5% tech roll)
Wil 10
Cha 9 (4 retainers, 7 morale)

Roll Lookup

Hit Points: 50
AC: 3 (9 -2 Dex, -4 armor)

"Mutations"
Energy Discharge: Electrical (4d6 dmg, 50' range)
Quickness (double move speed, 1/2 time for mental tasks, 2 atks/rnd)
Quick Mind (1/3 tech use time, +30% tech rolls, lie detection, mental atks roll 3x)

Money: 3gp
Roll Lookup

Longsword, 10gp, +1 hit, 1d8+1 dmg, 4lbs
Chainmail, 150gp, AC 5, 30lbs
Backpack, 2gp, 2lbs
Flint/Steel, 2gp
4 days rations, 2gp, 4lbs
Waterskin 1gp, 4lbs

GlassEye

Adventurer
Glass eye your PC would probably become close to non functioning. Technically there is no score below 3 or mod below -3, but your PC wouldn't be able to talk very well and would definitely have a hard time figuring out how to use any tech.

Would it be 'cheating' to put the 3 in Intelligence since three seems to be the minimum stat number and I have an Int penalty (which would be effectively negated by this placement)? Honestly, I think it would be amusing to play a pc with a three intelligence as long as you and everyone else didn't mind. He wouldn't be a very complex character that's for sure but I'm kind of interested to see how it could work out. Also, his mutations make him out to be more of a combat oriented character and putting the stat anywhere else just doesn't seem right to me.

Oni

First Post
Clyde
Mutant Human
Level 1
Exp: 0/3001

Str: 10
Dex: 15 (-1 AC, +1 missile, +1 init)
Con: 14
Int: 12
Wil: 9
Chr: 17 (-1 reaction, 6 retainers, 9 morale)

HP: 50/50
Radiation Resistance: 50/50
AC: 5 (4 with shield)

thac0: 19

Saves
Energy Attacks: 15
Poison or Death: 12
Stun Attacks: 14
Radiation: 13

Mutations:
Shriek
Accumulated Resistance: Radiation

Equipment:
9gp 9sp
Axe
Dagger
Shield
Shortbow
20 Arrows
Studded Leather
Waterskin
Backpack
Crowbar
Bedroll
Flint & Steel
4 Trail Rations

Things were getting too ugly back home what with the roving packs of marauders moving in, Clyde decided it was time to move on, nothing worth fighting for there anyway.

Appearance: Clyde resembles Willem Dafoe, but with a bigger mouth, lankier hair, and a wattle of loose skin on his throat.

Mutations: A lifetime in radiation poisoned lands have granted him some resistance to its effects. He was born with mutated vocal chords that he can manipulate by inflating the sack of skin on his throat like a bullfrog. Also he's an excellent singer.

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=Deathvine]
Mutant Plant
Lvl: 1
0/3000xp

Str 17 (+2 hit/dmg, or +11 hit/dmg when doubled)
Dex 12
Con 12
Int 10
Wis 15
Cha 9 (4 retainers, 7 moral)

HP: 35/35
AC: 6 (Studded Leather Armor)

Mutations:
Improved Sense: Smell 180ft range, cannot be surprised by anything upwind
Energy Retaining Cell Structure: 3d6 electricity
Complete Wing Development: Membrane stretched between several vines
Empathy: 90ft range
Ability Boost: Double any attribute for 1d10 rounds, 1/day
Dermal Poison Sap (Class 13: death or 2d6 dmg)
Thermal Sensitivity (Cold)
Phobia: Other Tech (Robots, Vehicles etc.)

Rolls

Gear: (200gp)
Backpack 2gp, 2lbs
Polearm (Scythe) 7gp, 10lbs
Studded Leather Armor Strip 30gp, 20lbs
Donkey 8g
- Pack Saddle 15g, 15lbs
- Waterskins X20 20g, 80lbs
- Rations (P) X40 40g, 40lbs
- Chickens X2 (cages) 4c, 2lbs
- Poles (10ft) X2 4s, 16lbs
- Torches (16) 6s, 16lbs
- 77gp, 8sp, 8cp

Description:
Deathvine wraps a long, wide strip of studded leather around its "arms, legs and torso" and wheres a hood with mask to further disguise its true nature. It does this to move among the skittish "warm" talking races without them just attacking on sight. Everything carried by Deathvine is coated in a black sap that is quite deadly to the touch (class 13 poison) including its wire wrapped scythe, and inside the goo on any exposed "flesh" occasionally crackles with electricity between the gaps in the armor.
When not pretending to look human, Deathvine is truely terrifying to behold. A mass of vines flapping through the air and pouncing down on prey in the open prarrie by moonlight.
The voice of Deathvine is also haunting as it sounds like several voices of varying pitch, from a lilting saprano to a deep base, speaking in perfect unison.

Background:
Nobody knows how long the Deathvine has floated along on the breezes above Slime Lake or even how many of them there are, least of all the Deathvine itself. Flying with its dextrous wings and holding most of its vines in roughly humanoid shape, along with vines trailing out from its lower end it can look like the classic depiction of the skeletal robed embodiment of death from ancient human lore. The blackened scythe it carries does nothing to lessen the image's shock value either.
A couple times a year while flying through the dusky air, just before a rain, a plume of seeds drift out of the Deathvine's wings to be scattered by the oncoming stormwinds. Nobody that has ever seen this knows whether it has gender, and as far as anyone knows it is too dangerous to study.
Wild animals do well to stay out of vines reach as its poison and electrical cell structure takes it off the menu for just about everything.
Deathvine does get lonely every once in a while and so seeks out the other talking races for company. Since the ability to talk doesn't make a race intelligent, only slightly ammusing. So it sought out others that the big groups of "talky races" didn't like either.
Staying mostly in "guise" it found one of those scary metal and plastic things that didn't immediately try to throw metal or fire at it, and instead wanted to talk a while. Later others joined the campfire at night, some thanks to its emathic ability to calm their emotions and some not. The giant armadillo-thing wasn't really too talkative but would still laugh at jokes and smile in a friendly way at Deathvine, which it found it liked quite a bit.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads