• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutant High Issue 1: The house that Xavier Built

Victim

First Post
The short girl staggers from the impact of Shriek's sonic barrage. "Oww!" Move, move, move! Did 7 months without the slightest scratch or bruise make me this soft?

If still pressed by the strange supervillain, Temper ignores her injury and roughly drops to the floor of the bank while charging another destructive lance.

[sblock]
If Gwen's snare doesn't render Shriek bound and helpless, then spend a HP to recover from Stunned and:

Free Action: Drop Prone
Full Round Action: shoot Shriek. Attack +9 Disintegration +13 Affects Insub 1 Accurate Attack 1)

(Def 16/13, Toughness 16 (14 I, crit immune) HP 0, Prone, Bruised (?) -1

Attack roll: 13+9=22 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1220889
Fort save DC 23 for Drain: Toughness 14
Damage DC 28

Else:

Nothing (stunned)
(Def -/13, Toughness 16 (14 I, crit immune) HP 1, Stunned, Bruised (?) -1

-------------------------

I need a higher budget for sound effects. [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
[Chem Lab/ Hall]

She found herself blushing at Derek's complement as she painstakingly shoved items into her messenger bag. As soon as Astrid started walking away Miranda gave a look of mock horror at her previous statement. "You are willingly going to eat the school's food? What sort of monster are you?!?!?"

By the time Miranda was finished packing her books, Astrid and Derek were halfway towards the door. Seeing this, she decided to reenter her ghost form while concentrating on holding her bag close to her chest so that she could fly above the heads of the other students without having the bag swing wildly and knock several students out. Once outside of the room she then switched her focus on becoming solid and smiled to her fellow classmates.

"You know what I'm really in the mood for? A chili-dog. Hopefully thats one the menu today instead of a heaping bowl of dysentery..".

"GAH!" Astrid jumped as Miranda appeared out of nowhere right next to her, talking. She quickly looked around to make sure no one seemed to be noticing, then put a hand on her heart. "Don't -do- that," she said, finally cracking a smile as the shock wore off.

Milagroso

First Post
Danger Room - Lightspeed Attacks!

Now that all of the hostages are safe, I can help the others with the villains. Let's see, I've fought Sabretooth before, so I know I can handle him - as long as I can avoid his claws. But it looks like Colossus and Paragon have him taken care of. That crazy lady looks challenging, but that Blob guy -ugh- he is really grossing me out!

Lightspeed dissipates into her cloud form, keeping herself insubstantial yet low to the ground. More like a swift stream of smoke rather then fogging the entire lobby. She floats over the distracted villain until she finds an ideal landing spot just below The Blob's crown. Satisfied with her plan of attack, she quickly compresses herself into her tiniest mode while simultaneously increasing her mass. Bringing her full weight times X on a concentrated spot - a maneuver created by her younger brother. "Let's see how much fat you have in your head!"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Okay, I'm hoping I can sneak up on The Blob, perform the Jack-Hammer maneuver using the gravity manipulation to increase damage. So I guess I need to roll Hide first. I'm not sure what kind of modifier I get for being insubstantial and wisping across the ground. So I'll just roll a d20.

Lightspeed sneaks up on The Blob. (1d20=14) +12 = 26

Now, I don't know how to increase the damage factor, if there even is such a thing, for the weight increase. But, I wouldn't have to worry about that anyway. So I guess this counts as a growth strike... except I'm shrinking... so Shrink Strike? Oh well, I'll roll a d20 and hope for the best.

Lightspeed's Jack-Hammer on The Blob! (1d20=17) +10 = 27.

[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
[Hall outside of Chem Lab]
"Uhm...Boo?" Miranda laughed for a moment until she realized that she had forgotten to do a gradual transition between her ghost form and her physical form. She glanced down. "I think I should try to learn how to make myself not partially invisible when I'm in my ghost form. That way I wouldn't have to worry about inadvertently scaring someone..."

As the three walked towards the cafeteria, Miranda found herself laughing a thought crossed her mind. "So Derek, did the lecture help you think of a mutant name?"

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Xi'an looks pleased that he has recruited some help in teaching this bully a lesson.

"Pyro gets off on making other people look weak...we should find a way to make him feel weak...and do it in front of everyone. Wi-fi...could you figure out what he's really afraid of? If we know that, I bet we can make something happen."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Cafeteria: Wi-fi, Alchemist, Xi'an and Kitty

Kenny smiles. "It won't even be difficult." Kenny searches the network of minds around him and locates Pyro (taking 20 with 150 ranks of Quickness). Once sensed he attempts to delve past Pyro's inherent mental defenses and sift though his deepest fears (Mind Reading, Deep Scan, DC 20; subtle 2-undetectable). "Well, well, well, what do we have here?" he muses.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=Wi-Fi]
Firstly, I think you meant Quickness 15, not 150...
Secondly, Mind Reading isn't a flat DC, it's an opposed power check vs will save, and Pyro gets a +4 because I'm ruling that his "Deepest Fear" counts as personal/Guarded information.
19 Kenny's Power Check.
17 Pyro's save
Doesn't matter though, you still beat him.
[/sblock]

[cafeteria]

Wi-fi searches through Pyro's brain as he leaves the cafeteria, finding (predictably enough) that Pyro's greatest fear is water.. Large amounts of it, that is... he can't swim and is scared he'll drown. Meanwhile, the bell rings.. the rest of the classes are over, and it's about to get crowded.

[hallway]
As they walk the hallway, a rude red-headed boy and two of his friends Bump Derek out of the way, giving a leer at Astrid as they continue on. Derek frowns at them but ignores them and turns to the Girls "I dont know, Phase sounds pretty cool.. but a bit misleading, maybe.. I can't 'phase' myself, just change other things.." He sighs as they approach the cafeteria "It doesn't really matter, it's not like I'm gonna be one of the X-men or anything, what do I need a cool name for, right?"

[danger room]
[sblock=Initiative]
Lightspeed 28
Gwen 27
Temper 27
Shriek 20
Quarterback 18
Colosus 17
Sabretooth 10
Blob 0
[/sblock]

Lightspeed flashes back into the room, grabbing the *Last hostage* (OOC:There was ONE more tied up, now you've got them all)

Gwen and Temper continue double-teaming the enraged, shrieking villainess. Gwen's webbing successfully entangles the woman, and Temper blasts again, though the villainess manages to avoid the brunt of the attack.
The villainess works her hands free enough to aim them at the troublesome pest on the walls, unleashing a Sonic Blast that nails her squarely, nearly knocking her from the roof.

Meanwhile, back near the door, Quarterback leaps away from the confused Blob and tackles Sabretooth squarely, but the beast shakes him off easily, though the momentary distraction allows Colossus to grab him with one impressively powerful hand, lifting him helplessly off the ground.

Sabretooth struggles weakly to get free, but the tin-man holds him steady.

Blob looks around for a moment, trying to figure out where the pipsqueak he was fighting went, before ambling over to him "HEY, where ya think YER going kid?"

[sblock=combat info]
Julie gains TWO Hero Points for spending her first few rounds saving hostages.

Gwen hit with the webbing, Shriek failed Reflex save by 2. Temper hit, but Shriek made both saves (A pair of 19's. sorry)
Shriek is Entangled (-2 attack/def, -4 dex, half movement), Injured 1

Gwens Toughness save vs DC32:29! 1 Bruised damage.

Quarterback : The improved Trip +4 only applies to the Check, not the Attack roll (that's just a straigth up MElee Attack roll).

Colossus : Improbed Grab means you can make a grapple check whenever you strike someone unarmed. Improved Grapple means you can grapple someone with only a single arm, leaving you free to deal with other things as well.
This means you make a Normal attack (which you did), dealing damage (+5 b/c you crit), and THEN make opposed grapple checks to see if you grappled him.
I made the opposed checks for you..
Sabretooth got a 29.
He also makes a toughness save vs DC 30+5 crit = 35
Toughness save = 28. Failed by 7. Sabretooth is stunned, Bruised, and Pinned.
*NOTE: For next round, the boost will be 6 pp*
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Calypso shoots a venomous look back at the redhead before responding to Derek. "You don't have to be an X-man to have a cool nickname," she points out. "Even for us second-stringers, it's kind of fun. And I think Phase is fine. Or...wait, that other guy has alchemy down. Eh. Sometime just hit the library or a thesaurus and look up 'elements' and see what happens."

drothgery

First Post
Quarterback

Seeing that Colossus has Sabretooth tied up for now, Quarterback returns his attention to the Blob.

(assuming Lightspeed moves to attack the Blob before Quarterback acts)

"Some mutants are just made for those immovable object vs. unstoppable force collisions. My tin buddy over there might give you a demonstration of that in few seconds. Me, though, I'm more of a team player." He says, trying to draw the Blob into a position where Lightspeed has a better chance to bring her powers to bear against the walking amorphous mass.

[sblock=OOC]
Quarterback

Defense: +11 (shield)/+6
Fortitude: +11
Reflex: +11
Will: +11
Toughness: 11/6 flat-footed

Attack against defense 10 to set up an aid to attack (1d20+7=23)
Lightspeed's next attack against the Blob (after the first one, as she probably goes before Quarterback) should be at +5 (Aid +2 + Teamwork 3).
[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
[Hallway]

She chortled as she ran in front of Derek and Calypso. After a moment she spun around and started walking backwards. "Don't be hard on yourself. So what if you're not an X-Man trainee? Who cares?" She put her hands onto her hips. "Being an x-man doesn't make you cool, you're cool regardless of whether or not you have to wear one of those yellow sentai-suits."

"Besides, I'm pretty sure that at least 1 in 10 mutants have nicknames that are misleading." She smiled, "If worse come to worse, I'm pretty sure Calypso and I could come up with a clever or cool sounding name like.. " She thought about one of the equations Beast wrote on the white board. "Delta." She smiled.

Last edited:

Remove ads