Mutant High Issue 3: Revelations

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda responded to Magneto with worry in her voice, "The thing is they put all the school's Psychics in a comma last night. They could have easily been killed during today's attack." She bit her lip.

drothgery

First Post
Okay, an ultra-poweful mutant believes urban legends about the history of science, and is trying to use them to convince me that pretty basic biology is wrong. This is beyond scary. And he has to know who I am -- a story like "Team led by mutant quarterback forfeits season." would not escape his notice. Which means he ought to know Dr. Steven Hassell is my father, and that dad's got a doctorate in biology as well as an MD, and is a research fellow at the best teaching hospital in LA. And that the only reason I didn't skip a few grades was athletics. Eric thought.

"I think we need Dr. McCoy if we're going to figure out what's really going on here." He said, guardedly. The blue-furred professor did real science. He didn't just throw stuff together and trust his mutant powers to make it work. It seemed to him that Magneto was just accepting what he'd been told, without realizing that it stood on a house of cards. And unlike Dr. Steven Hassell, Dr. Henry McCoy was a mutant so Magneto just might believe him.

Last edited:

Caros

First Post
"Its just temporary."

"I don't want people messing around with my head!"

"It won't be people, just me. And I assume you also don't want to drop the building on us by accident. What about the other students?"

"I... I suppose."

"You're worrying too much. I'm not going to do anything irreversable, in fact, without me there to keep it steady... you'll return to your potential in no time."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alchemist woke with a start then, the bed beneath him whirling back into itself, righting back to its original form, as it had been before the unconcious boy's powers had gone to town with it.

His breathing was heavy, fearful for a moment as he sat up, brushing a hand back through his hair, feeling around for the lengths that weren't there. It was only then that he truly came back to himself, recalling the events of the last few days, eyes at last falling on Phase.

"Where are we.... And why are... whats going on Phase."

His power flared out from him for a moment then, searching along the walls and the corners of the room for the telltale signs of surveilence equipment, be it lenses where there should be wall, or the plastic and metal of microphones.

Shayuri

First Post
Tess clears her throat and nods at Temper.

"That's basically right, uh...sorry, I didn't get your name." She glances at the others then to include them. "Any of your names, actually." With an apologetic smile to soften the implicit accusation, she goes on.

"But anyway, it seems to me that the other mutants, the ones who believe the fake Magneto is real, would probably be used to Nightcrawler acting as a messenger. If we can find a few of them, we can have the real Nightcrawler...." she nods at Kurt, "...go in, give them instructions to meet Magneto somewhere of our choice. Then we can try to convince them of what's really going on, just a few at a time. Or capture them if they just won't listen."

"That way they won't outnumber us, and we can choose the time and place we face them."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda smiled at Eric's brilliant idea. If they returned to the school then they could know the true extent of the attack's damage and they could also maybe get shield to defend the school while the group plans their own assault on Styker's group.

Miranda glanced over towards Tess. "I'm Miranda, my codename is La Llorona, you probably would recognize my face if it wasn't covered in smeared make-up." She smiled lightly, "But, anyways, I see two problems with your plan: First off, we're placing all our bets on their Nightcrawler not showing up and ruining 'our' Nightcrawler's conversation. Secondly, there's also the chance that the other Magneto's men might talk to him or the other nightcrawler about the meeting and then they could decide to set up a counter ambush when they realize that the meeting is a trap."

drothgery

First Post
"I'm Eric Hassell." Eric said, in response to Tess' unanswered question. "They call me Quarterback. If you followed big-time college recruiting last fall, you know why. I think half the SEC was convinced they could get me to leave California. Not after the 'mutant quarterback costs Orange County high school state championship' stories hit the wire, though."

kirinke

First Post
Serena has been uncharacteristically quiet during all of this, listening to the conversation and quietly gauging the others responses. She's of course heard of Magneto, a mutant powerful enough to destroy armies and arrogant with that power as well.

"My name's Serena, most just call me Sparky or Sparks. I don't have a code name as such." she shrugged. "I control electricity and things related to electricity such as machines and electronics." she looked thoughtfull.

"On the flight to New York, we learned that the school was under attack. I attempted to hack into the school's computer system to try and find out what was going on. When I did, the cyborg child also attempted to hack into the computer with the intention of stealing or shutting down Cerebro. I intervened. During the fight, I was thrown into Cerebro. When that happened, Cerebro vanished and there was another duplicate of me in its stead. Together with the other Serena, we managed to boot the cyborg child out of the computer. We couldn't find Cerebro afterwords. I think something happened, I think we merged somehow. How I survived, I don't know." she said matter of factly. "When we get the chance, we should look into this, but for now.... Dealing with Stryker is probably more important."

"I think he's telling the truth for what it is worth. Everything I know about him, he's never been much for killing children, mutant or otherwise, nor would he attack the school. Why harm potential recruits after all? Besides, if he was working with Stryker, we'd be in cells right about now, or dead." she said logically and looked at the older mutant. "You've been at this longer than the rest of us put together, you've dealt with worse than we could possibly imagine. What do need us to do in order to stop this madman?" she said, knowing very well that she didn't have all the pieces to the puzzle, nor did she have any real training in dealing with this kind of situation. None of them did really.

But she would bet that Magneto did. He'd have to, given all the stories she's ever heard of the man. For the others who knew her, however briefly, she sounds different. For one, she doesn't seem to be using as much slang as she did before. She sounded more studied and calm.

Whatever happened to her in the Cerebro unit changed her. That was clear.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Tess shrugs amiably. "I wouldn't say it was a -plan- just yet. More like an idea. Just trying to get people brainstorming on what to do, instead of what clones are or aren't or whatever. Fact is, we don't know what these things are. Might not be clones. Might be...agents in disguise, or alternate selves from parallel universes or...who knows what. Point is, they're up to no good, and we've gotta stop 'em."

"Going to the school's not a bad idea, but we can't very well show up there with Magneto and Nightcrawler in tow. Seeing as how everyone thinks they just attacked the place."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
She grinned. "We could take easily take them onto campus if we had them in handcuffs..." Miranda glanced at Magneto, "But for some reason I don't think he would go along with that idea."

Victim

First Post
Why would you mention all of those things? She places her injured upon the table. I think I'll have to tape that up.

"You can call me Temper," she says tersely.

"However they're copying people, I think that's what we need to focus on dealing with first. It would be much easier to convince your associates once Stryker's facilities have been disabled or captured."

"We don't all need to return to the school. Completing attack preparations should occupy at least a few of us."

Let's see how they play this, what information they volunteer. It sounds like they should have maps and locations for at least one base in the area.

Remove ads