• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MutantHigh Episode 4: Deadzone

Aenion

First Post
Radiant said:
"I will consider that in the future."
He leads you between a few more huts before you reach an area that is soruounded by bars stuck into the earth. You can see your exploration group is waiting within. They look exhausted, scared and dirty but at least alive and unharmed.
"Did the man who just went to see my sister just say he likes to meet the women of other cultures?!"

(oog: I will leave the description of the group to you and then just go with it.)

"Joey? Yes, I think that's what he meant. If you think your sister is vulnerable to his charms, I would keep an eye on him if I were you," Domi jokes, "I only met him today but I think he's kind of like a marine or sailor, wanting to have a girl in each port."

"Jean-Pierre, Marie, Marc, Jack, Carlos are you guys alright?" Domi asks, "Can you let them out Slicer?"

The four people in the cage react immediately, Jean-Pierre and his wife Marie, both botanists and professors at the university of Nice. Marc one of their students, probably suffering the most as this was his first expedition, but a nice guy most of the time. Jack, a toxicologist from the university of Oxford, the one she was talking about earlier and Carlos their guide.

ooc: I don't know how much of a description you want but this is the best I can get right now.

Radiant

First Post
January.16.2004
in the tunnnels under the pyramid, the Deadzone
sometime in the evening

(Eris, Jack and Jono)
You follow the stairway downwards for five minutes before it takes you into a natural cave. The further you go the more the King begins to glow, by now you can see the energy flowing through his veins as if his skin where transparent.
You can can also see that the floor has been reworked and is laid out with geometric metal plates that must have been placed here with machines.
Finaly the tunnel widens and you enter a huge chamber. The soft light iluminating it reveals it as anything but natural. In fact the whole cave looks like one giant machine. In the middle sits a giant crystal and above it floats a holographic image of the earth.
"Welcome to the single, most powerfull structure that has ever existed on our planet! This is the god-machine."

Attachments

• Deadzone-Machine.jpg
    Deadzone-Machine.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Aenion said:
"Joey? Yes, I think that's what he meant. If you think your sister is vulnerable to his charms, I would keep an eye on him if I were you," Domi jokes, "I only met him today but I think he's kind of like a marine or sailor, wanting to have a girl in each port."

"Jean-Pierre, Marie, Marc, Jack, Carlos are you guys alright?" Domi asks, "Can you let them out Slicer?"

The four people in the cage react immediately, Jean-Pierre and his wife Marie, both botanists and professors at the university of Nice. Marc one of their students, probably suffering the most as this was his first expedition, but a nice guy most of the time. Jack, a toxicologist from the university of Oxford, the one she was talking about earlier and Carlos their guide.

ooc: I don't know how much of a description you want but this is the best I can get right now.

"He wants what?!"
Slicer simply cuts there of the bars with an abesentmidnd sward of his right claw.
At the same time your friends stare shoked at him and surprised at you.
Marie gets herself together first and manages a:
"Domi waht are you doing here?"
Marc screasm: "Please don't kill me!"
and if any of the others try to day something it gets lost in the confusion.

Aenion

First Post
Radiant said:
"He wants what?!"
Slicer simply cuts there of the bars with an abesentmidnd sward of his right claw.
At the same time your friends stare shoked at him and surprised at you.
Marie gets herself together first and manages a:
"Domi waht are you doing here?"
Marc screasm: "Please don't kill me!"
and if any of the others try to day something it gets lost in the confusion.

''That's kind of a long story, when I flew off to look for help, I ran into some other delta's whose jet had crashed, apparently the people here believe that one of them is the reincarnation of their Jaguar god, and she managed to convince the local king to free you guys," Domi quickly explains everything to her friends, keeping an eye on Slicer to see if he doens't run of to kill Joey a third time in one day.

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Joey crouches squinting at the waning light, "You looked like you could use some company, and I didn't see anyone else volunteering, so I decided to just volunteer myself. We didn't get off to a good start with that whole almost killing each other thing, going," his body glistening with water, as he enacts his water shield, "but I figured we could try again. Call me Joey, call me J, whatever..." he says.

Joey offers his hand, "Your brother said you would be here soaking up the rays, who knew that something so deadly, could look so damn good..."

"Maybe no one else volunteerd because they knew I should be left alone then I'm in a bad mood."
She dosn't move but at least she looks at you.
"Still this was a bad start, we had no idea you are the chosen traveling companions of the avatar. So my apologies for that attack."

Tokiwong

First Post
"Just call me Joey," he replies extending his hand, "it happens it isn't the first time I almost died, and it won't be the last. If your in a bad mood, your in luck, I specialize in making bad moods go away..."

Radiant

First Post
Tokiwong said:
"Just call me Joey," he replies extending his hand, "it happens it isn't the first time I almost died, and it won't be the last. If your in a bad mood, your in luck, I specialize in making bad moods go away..."

You manage to coax a smile out of her.
"You are brave for a commoner. Some migh even call it foolish. Jumping into the Kings shield, I have yet to decide what of the two it was. On the other hand I can imagine how a godess can instill such loyalities."
She winks at her side.
"Sit down your throwing your shadow at me."

Tokiwong

First Post
Radiant said:
You manage to coax a smile out of her.
"You are brave for a commoner. Some migh even call it foolish. Jumping into the Kings shield, I have yet to decide what of the two it was. On the other hand I can imagine how a godess can instill such loyalities."
She winks at her side.
"Sit down your throwing your shadow at me."

Joey shrugs as he sits, "I don't know it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. My body can't handle electrical energy though, so it hurt, alot... but thanks to the wonders of the Goddess, I am back."

Joey shrugged, "So is it proper for a commoner like me to be talking to a hot betty like you? Not that I care, I have never been one to follow the rules..."

Radiant

First Post
Aenion said:
''That's kind of a long story, when I flew off to look for help, I ran into some other delta's whose jet had crashed, apparently the people here believe that one of them is the reincarnation of their Jaguar god, and she managed to convince the local king to free you guys," Domi quickly explains everything to her friends, keeping an eye on Slicer to see if he doens't run of to kill Joey a third time in one day.

Sliver runs of, quite possibly to kill Joey a third time in one day.

"More deltas? Airplane crash? Jaguar god? Don't you think that is a bit much for one day?"
Jean-Piere takes a good look of what is around him.
"On the other hand we are standing in the shadow of an Aztec temple. This is just so incredibly."
His wife pokes him in the arm.
"They wanted to sacrifice us,keep your joy in chek."

Remove ads