• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants and Masterminds: Freedom City

Velocity stops moving and stares as the illusion fades around him. "What the...?" he says to no one in particular. Upon seeing Benson, he says, "A test? Couldn't you have just let us know that you were going to test us?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Mr. Benson said:
“Well that didn’t work out quite as we planed it.” He says to the group. “It looks as if at least one of you can see through our holograms.”

That would be me, Mr. Benson," Cosmo replied, keeping his force field and flight powers active. "I understand the need for training and wouldn't mind continuing, however, I must insist that you not lie to us again.

As he spoke he approached Mr. Benson, flying, then hovers in midair above and in front of him.

Aenion

First Post
Une recovers from her dodge as the scenery starts to fade around her. She scowls kicking at a disappearing block of concrete, mumbling, "I'm never going to get out of this place. Always fighting these stupid holograms..."
She quickly hides her scowl as Mr. benson enters the room.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Geomancer comes in for a landing.

"Gone, gone, O form of stone.
Return form of flesh and bone.
"

Again his body shimmers and wavers, this time transforming from rock back to his normal human appearance.

"Since we are with that exercise through,
perhaps there is something real we can do?
"

bkmanis

First Post
Originally posted by Maddmic
Leech spins around to face Benson. "What in the world are you doing to us B? I mean, c'mon you got us all freaking out and our adrenaline running for what? Crimany, I thought we were actually going to kick some real tail out there. But nooooooooooo, somebody wants to test us again. Now I'm really hungry." That being said Leech folds his arms and leans up against a wall waiting for the next series of tests to begin.
“That was the point of the test, to see your reaction to a real situation.” Benson responds. “It was a test on how you would work together, and how you would react to an overwhelming adversary.”

Originally posted by Toric
"A test? Couldn't you have just let us know that you were going to test us?"

“People sometimes react differently if they know that it isn’t real, we wanted to see your reactions without the possibility of someone getting hurt.” Benson responds to Velocity.

Originally posted by Keia
"I understand the need for training and wouldn't mind continuing, however, I must insist that you not lie to us again."

“You misunderstand, this was not for training this was to identify your strengths and weaknesses as a group. With that information we can begin your training to over come any weaknesses.” Benson answers. “As for lying, we didn’t. I asked you if you were ready to help save the city, this was a test to see if you are. I just didn’t tell you it was a test. Semantics I suppose.”

Originally posted by Mark Chance
"Gone, gone, O form of stone.
Return form of flesh and bone."

Again his body shimmers and wavers, this time transforming from rock back to his normal human appearance.

"Since we are with that exercise through,
perhaps there is something real we can do?"

“There will be a briefing at 20:00 hours, that’s 8 pm, to go over some thefts that we are concerned about and perhaps we can help with. In the mean time you are free to do as you please, but keep your communicator with you in case there is a real emergency.” Benson says then turns to leave the room.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"I apologize for disrupting your test, Mr. Benson. However, I could not risk that the distortions I sensed were not caused by some other entity or force," Cosmo explained.

OOC: do we have lodging here as well or is this just a base?

bkmanis

First Post
Originally posted by Keia:
OOC: do we have lodging here as well or is this just a base?

OOC: Rooms are provided for everyone in the mansion above. You don’t have to stay in the mansion if you don’t want to but everyone has a room.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"As long as anyone does not mind, I've got to move my belongings from my apartment into the lodgings in the mansion," Cosmo said. He then realized that he still had his force field on and powered down. "Hopefully, I can be finished in time to review my afternoon documentaries."

With that said, Cosmo made his way out of the complex to accomplish his goals prior to the meeting.

Remove ads