• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants and Masterminds: Freedom City

bkmanis

First Post
Initiatives:
Velocity 26
Geomancer 23
Une 22
Giant 18
Leech 15
Hell 12
Cosmo 8

Velocity again swings at the giant and hits but the giant’s shrugs off the attack. Velocity moves off 80’ from the giant.

Geomancer controlling the asphalt and concrete around the giant tries to snare him, but the giant manages to dodge out of the way.

Une jumps up to attack the giant but misses him, landing she strikes a second time hitting this time but he seems to shrug the damage off. Une recovers from the damage cause by the giant moments before.

Having only one opponent near him the giant attacks Une but misses.

Leech continues to move forward and again tries to drain the giant, but again it appears not to affect him.

Hell again fires a blast of plasma at the giant, straining with the effort to increase the heat of the blast, but misses the giant.

Cosmo uses his power to heal the unconscious driver who begins to stir. Cosmo then fires a blast of comic energy up in the air at no apparent target. The blast travels off into the distance until it is lost from view.

OOC: Velocity is 80’ from the giant, Geomancer, Cosmo and Hell are 50’ from the giant. Une is in H-T-H with the giant and has healed the hit she took last round. Hell has used 1 hero point.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
bkmanis said:
Cosmo uses his power to heal the unconscious driver who begins to stir. Cosmo then fires a blast of comic energy up in the air at no apparent target. The blast travels off into the distance until it is lost from view.

Geomancer snaps his gaze from the giant to Cosmo. If he had eyebrows in his stony form, he'd raise one.

"Cosmo, your actions are becoming most strange.
You fire an energy blast into the blue sky,
when there is a fell foe within range.
This activity prompts a question: Why?
"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Mark Chance said:
"Cosmo, your actions are becoming most strange.
You fire an energy blast into the blue sky,
when there is a fell foe within range.
This activity prompts a question: Why?
"

"I'm sorry Geomancer, but my senses tell me that something is amiss here - from about 50 feet out, not quite illusion, but not real either. I believe perhaps this is a test and we are in the training room. I don't really care to be fooled on our first mission," Cosmo said. "However, I will assist with the foe."

Cosmo will then move 15 feet closer and fire a dazzle attack at the assailant.

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Keia said:
"I'm sorry Geomancer, but my senses tell me that something is amiss here - from about 50 feet out, not quite illusion, but not real either. I believe perhaps this is a test and we are in the training room. I don't really care to be fooled on our first mission," Cosmo said. "However, I will assist with the foe."

Geomancer frowns.

"On that point we are in agreement, Cosmo.
I am doing this to help people, not put on a show.
"

Looking up to ensure a clear flight path, Geomancer studies the scene, looking for inconsistencies. Then, still atop his concrete platform, he floats up a few feet above the bridge, closes his eyes, and rockets upward.

OOC: Double move 100 feet straight up to crudely test theory that the setting is illusory. Hypothesis is that Geomancer will smash into a ceiling. :D

maddmic

Explorer
Seeing Cosmo look up and fire an energy blast, Leech looks to the sky as he continues to move forward. He then tries another drain attack, wondering why it doesn't seem to affectr his target.

Aenion

First Post
When she notices what the others are doing, Une thinks What are they up to?
Not allowing herself to be distracted for too long she returns her attention to her target as she kicks the giant in the knee.

ooc: attack +8, +12 damage, penetrating attack, defense: 30

bkmanis

First Post
Initiatives:
Velocity 26
Geomancer 23
Une 22
Giant 18
Leech 15
Hell 12
Cosmo 8

Velocity moves towards the giant in preparation for an attack.

Geomancer, after noticing Cosmo actions, flies straight up expecting to slam into a ceiling. As he climbs it feels as something stops his movement, but he does not encounter anything solid.

Une also notices the strange actions of her companions but she continues to attack the giant. She aims a kick at the giant’s knee but misses.

The giant again swings at Une but he barely misses her.

Suddenly everything stops, the noise from the traffic and bystanders goes quite. Everyone (except Velocity) hears a voice coming from nowhere.

“Alright, open it up.”

The giant, the bystanders and the cars fade from sight, all that is left is part of the bridge consisting of cement blocks, asphalt and some steel beams. The background fade from view and you find yourselves in the simulation room. A door opens in one wall and you see Mr. Benson standing there.

“Well that didn’t work out quite as we planed it.” He says to the group. “It looks as if at least one of you can see through our holograms.”

maddmic

Explorer
Leech spins around to face Benson. "What in the world are you doing to us B? I mean, c'mon you got us all freaking out and our adrenaline running for what? Crimany, I thought we were actually going to kick some real tail out there. But nooooooooooo, somebody wants to test us again. Now I'm really hungry." That being said Leech folds his arms and leans up against a wall waiting for the next series of tests to begin.

Remove ads