• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants and Masterminds: Freedom City

Velocity signs back to Leech, "As far as I understand it, that is correct. Let's move, that guy looks like an interesting challenge."

With a final glance at the rampaging thing on the screen, Velocity heads to the teleporter room.

bkmanis

First Post
maddmic said:
OOC:
Leech watches as everybody springs into action. Being the teenager he is, he looks at Velocity and asks in sign. "I thought this teleporter could move us from anywhere to anywhere?"

“Actually it is possible but not cost effective.” Benson responds as you all move to the teleporter room. “You have to go through the teleporter platform, so to get from the control room to the bridge takes two transports. First from the control room to the teleporter platform, then from the teleporter platform to the bridge. It is just more cost effective to go to the teleporter room and transport to the location you want to go.”

You arrive at the room and arrange yourselves on the platform. Benson hands Velocity an earpiece. “Carry this, I know you can’t use it but it will help us lock onto you to transport you back.” He says then moves over to the controls where the technician is preparing for the transport. “There is an opening near the medium about 200’ from the man, that should give you time to recover from the disorientation.” Benson says then nods to the technician. “Here we go.”

You arrive at the bridge and after a brief moment recover from the disorientation. You are assaulted by the noise of horns and people shouting as they run past you away from the trouble. A deep-throated roar coming from the large man as he smashes a convertible startles you. Everyone but Velocity hears this almost animalistic roar.

The man stands nearly fourteen feet tall and bulging with muscles. It is easy to see that he is raging out of control, smashing anything that gets in his way. It appears that he is not aware of your arrival.

Initiatives:
Velocity 26
Geomancer 23
Une 22
Leech 15
Hell 12
Cosmo 8

OOC: Tauro will not be with you. I e-mailed Vardeman to ask if he was still interested and he said he was, but that was over two weeks ago and he still has not posted. I’m guessing he is not interested or too busy to play.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"From the earth to the sky,
Toward danger do I fly!
"

A disk-shaped section of the ground beneath Geomancer's feet cracks from the surrounding material, lifting the wizard into the air and carrying him at speed toward the destruction. As he rushes forward, his glowing eyes survey the wreckage, looking for people in immediate danger, who are trapped, and for sections of the bridge that look ready to collapse.

OOC: Double move of 100 ft. toward the wreckage.

Last edited:

Aenion

First Post
Une grins as she breaks in a all out sprint trying to close the distance between her and the giant as fast as possible, feeling a surge of energy going through every circuit in her body as she dodges past obstacles and panicking people like they weren't even there.
Big, angry and dumb, perfect.

ooc: sprint + heroic surge to get there faster 150ft

Last edited:

Velocity will close the distance with the rampaging giant, stopping just out of his reach, unless he sees any kids that are in obvious immediate danger.

OOC: move to 10 feet away from the giant, unless he spots any kids in immediate danger, in which case he will detour to help them.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Cosmo activates his force field and flies toward the monster. I wonder if this is the result of that road rage I read so much about. No wonder people are worried about it, Cosmo thought.

He looked around himself into the cars and pedestrians (if any), both concerned for their safety and concern for his own - if one of them also turns into a creature as a result of this dangerous road rage.

bkmanis

First Post
OOC: Sir Osis hasn’t posted yet but I wanted to keep the game flowing so I will post now to move the story along.

Initiatives:
Velocity 26
Geomancer 23
Une 22
Giant 18
Leech 15
Hell 12
Cosmo 8

Velocity races within 10’ of the giant as it pulls away from the convertible, luckily there were no passengers in the car. He can see that the giant is massive and is wearing nothing but a pair of pants. Velocity sees nothing but rage in the giant’s eyes.

Geomancer, using part of the concrete divider, rises up into the air and flies towards the giant in the center of the wreckage. Looking at the wreckage he notice a car that has crashed into the concrete divider, the driver slumped over the steering wheel unconscious.

Une runs at top speed trying to reach the giant as quickly as possible,

Leech, startled at the sight of the giant, moves forward and tries to drain him but it does not appear to affect him.

Hell runs forward, closing the distance to the giant.

Cosmo flies forward couscous of the others around him to make sure there are no other hostile opponents around.

The giant, now aware of several of you, turns towards you and roars in anger.

OOC: The bridge is a suspension bridge made mostly of steel, there are six lanes divided with a four-foot concrete wall. Underneath the main level is a second level for a light rail, part of the public transportation system. Most of the damage to the bridge is from cars crashing into the guardrails.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
bkmanis said:
Geomancer, using part of the concrete divider, rises up into the air and flies towards the giant in the center of the wreckage. Looking at the wreckage he notices a car that has crashed into the concrete divider, the driver slumped over the steering wheel unconscious.

"That is not a good place to stay,
Up, up, and out of harm's way!
"

Using the concrete beneath the car and part of the guard rail, Geomancer forms another floating platform, lifting the vehicle as he flies on past the giant. If there are emergency medical personnel within range [OOC: 1,000 feet], he floats the vehicle to them so that the driver can be cared for. Otherwise, Geomancer moves another 50 ft. away from the giant, and sets down with the car to render medical care himself.

Last edited:

Aenion

First Post
bkmanis said:
Une runs at top speed trying to reach the giant as quickly as possible,

Without losing speed Une closes the remaining distance to the giant to deliver a devastating flying kick to his chest.

ooc: charge +10 attack, +12 damage, 28 defense

Remove ads