• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants and Masterminds: Freedom City

Aenion

First Post
Keia said:
"I, for one, could use some nourishment," Cosmo replied. On the way, Cosmo attempted some small talk, "So, how did oyu find yourself here?"

Une shrugs, "Euhm, you could say I was born here about 2 years ago. I've lived here ever since. I've never been beyond these walls actually."

bkmanis

First Post
Each of you spend the next couple of hours roaming the base looking at areas of interest or chatting, getting to know a little about each other. The cafeteria does in fact offer a wide variety of delicious food, the cook is indeed very good. As you are getting to know the place and each other an alarm suddenly goes off. You then hear the soft voice of Alice.

“Will the following people please report to the control room.” She then lists off all of your names. Velocity of course does not hear this, someone has to point this out to him. Arriving at the control room you see Benson already there. You hear police radio chatter reporting a disturbance on the Centery Bridge. On the monitor you see an overhead view zooming down on the bridge, it is apparent that it is a satellite image. The image zooms down until you can see something going on near the center of the bridge. On the screen you see a large man bulging with muscles obviously in a rage rampaging across the bridge. Cars have been smashed and you can see people running from the raging man, some cars are even on fire and you can tell some parts of the bridge have been damaged.

“It’s earlier then we had hoped but it looks as if you’re need to save the city.” Benson says when you enter the control room. “We know the Freedom League is out of the city but we are not sure where the Atom Family is. It will take the STAR Squad several minutes to arrive on the scene, I’m not sure what they can do against that thing.” He says pointing at the man on the screen. “Well this is it, are you ready to go and save the day?” He says looking at the group.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Benson said:
“It’s earlier then we had hoped but it looks as if you’re need to save the city.” Benson says when you enter the control room. “We know the Freedom League is out of the city but we are not sure where the Atom Family is. It will take the STAR Squad several minutes to arrive on the scene, I’m not sure what they can do against that thing.” He says pointing at the man on the screen. “Well this is it, are you ready to go and save the day?” He says looking at the group.

Geomancer studies the rampaging individual, a frown on his face, his brow creasing with thought.

"Friends, we must act without delay.
It is apparent many lives are at stake.
So, let us at once rush into the fray!
"

With a complicated but elegant series of gestures, Geomancer chants.

"Mine to command are rocks and earth!
Soft flesh to hard stone now give birth!
"

In a few eyeblinks, Geomancer's form changes from costumed man to hulking creature made of sharp-edged rock.

"When we arrive at danger's site,
my magic the bridge shall put right!
"

With a swirl of his cape, Geomancer rushes toward the teleporter room.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sir Osis of Liver said:
As Geomancer goes through his speach, hell stands there shocked, mouth gapping wide. "Were did you find this guy?"

Cosmo shrugs and grinned - happy that he wasn't the one standing out, based on his origins and difficulty with the society so far. I just hope I remembered to record my interesting afternoon life dramas, Cosmo thought. He made his way to the teleporter.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Osis of Liver said:
As Geomancer goes through his speech, Hell stands there shocked, mouth gapping wide. "Where did you find this guy?"

Geomancer spins about to see who is following, firing off another couplet before doing another about face:

"Also, probably important in this situation,
I am by profession a licensed physician.
"

Last edited:

maddmic

Explorer
OOC:
Sorry all, my internet connection is still out at home. I am only able to post at work right now. It will be down until further notice. So, I am turning over control of my character to the GM should things need to be moved along and I'm not able to be here. I will let you all know once I'm back online.

IC:
Leech watches as everybody springs into action. Being the teenager he is, he looks at Velocity and asks in sign. "I thought this teleporter could move us from anywhere to anywhere?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
maddmic said:
Leech watches as everybody springs into action. Being the teenager he is, he looks at Velocity and asks in sign. "I thought this teleporter could move us from anywhere to anywhere?"

OOC: If so: Oops! :D

Remove ads