• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants & Masterminds --> Marvel Super Heroes?

Quasqueton

First Post
Can M&M be used for a Marvel Universe game? Can a Marvel Universe work with the M&M game mechanics? Are there Marvel characters translated to M&M mechanics anywhere?

And, can you tell me about the M&M world?

Quasqueton

Crothian

First Post
By M&M world do you mean Freedom City? Becasue the game really can be used for with any super genre world. I think M&M can do marvel pretty well. I'm sure someone somewhere has translatyed the characters.

SWBaxter

First Post
Quasqueton said:
Can M&M be used for a Marvel Universe game? Can a Marvel Universe work with the M&M game mechanics? Are there Marvel characters translated to M&M mechanics anywhere?

Yes, yes, and if you hang around the messageboards at http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/ you should find links to all sorts of conversions.

As Crothian notes, that would be Freedom City, which is a relatively silver age-y fictional city with some fairly obvious Marvel and DC influences. It's pretty decent, and worthwhile as a sourcebook even if you don't use the city itself - it's nice to be able to pull out a law firm or roving reporter or whatever when you need one on the spot, complete with adventure hooks.

Quasqueton

First Post
Wasn't there a thread on this board that talked about a What If? world with the Marvel Superheroes loosing the Secret Wars, and not returning to Earth? I can't find it through searching. Was it lost in the board crash this year?

Quasqueton

saucercrab

Explorer
SWBaxter said:
Yes, yes, and if you hang around the messageboards at http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/ you should find links to all sorts of conversions.
Specifically, the Roll Call forum on the AtomicThinkTank.com boards (the official message boards for M&M). MDSnowman & Baron have the largest threads devoted to character stats (mostly Marvel & DC, but some independents too).

As Crothian notes, that would be Freedom City, which is a relatively silver age-y fictional city with some fairly obvious Marvel and DC influences. It's pretty decent, and worthwhile as a sourcebook even if you don't use the city itself - it's nice to be able to pull out a law firm or roving reporter or whatever when you need one on the spot, complete with adventure hooks.
Second this.

Even if not using the actual Freedom City world/setting, it has a good layout of how things can be in a single world, & the Marvel/DC influences are very easy to pick out (for making an easy conversion). For example, Marvel has the Black Panther in Wakanda; Freedom City has the White Lion in Dakana. And don't view it so much as being a ripoff, but rather an homage (& how difficult it can be to come up with completely original material, especially on a large scale. ;) )

Albatros

First Post
Hello to all members of this forum

Question: anyone know any website where they have made ​​character sheets of Marvel heroes with Mutants and Masterminds system 3th?

Within the same Marvel'm looking ​​character sheets with the Future Foundation saga.

Hopefully someone can help.

thanks

Albatross

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Hello to all members of this forum

Question: anyone know any website where they have made ​​character sheets of Marvel heroes with Mutants and Masterminds system 3th?

Within the same Marvel'm looking ​​character sheets with the Future Foundation saga.

Hopefully someone can help.

thanks

Albatross

Check out the Roll Call forum links earlier in this thread. People on the M&M boards have statted out virtually every Marvel character at all sorts of different PL's for both 3e and 2e M&M. Including some ready to play builds using PL 10 and 150 points like a PC would. Its easy to copy them over to a character sheet if you need to.

tunafish

First Post
um

Quasqueton

Emphatically, NO. there was one game that echoed the simulationist sensation of Marvel heroes like Wolverine, Hulk & Dr. Strange. this was classic Marvel Superheroes by TSR.

name the games that allow you to "call your shot" (knock-out or kill) foes with your very first strike? Wolverine factors heavily here, along with Nick Castle/Punisher & Thing, who was prone to K.O. an opponent when the situation required it. few RPGs allow you to "call your shot" & deliver that climactic, cinematic effect you want, scene-to-scene. MSH did it & it's the reason i still use that system for my "generic universal role-playing system".

M&M is more "Golden Age", in the sense that it's near-impossible to kill or seriously harm characters with a single attack. the lack of hit points, and having a saving throw mechanic that favors high defenses, prevents this. call me simulationist, but comics simulate the real world, to a degree. using the M&M system, Spider Man or Thing or Colossus can't K.O. a foe by exerting " a little more power ". if that suits your gaming needs, then yeah, it can work for you.

i prefer knowing that if my PCs want to end a fight quickly, they can.

Classic MSH is available for FREE online - just search "classic marvel superheroes forever" online. check it over as part of your decision-making process. Not for nothing, MSH is also the only Supers RPG that offers FOUR different versions of Character Creation: you can play the pregenerated Marvel heroes, you can play a random-rolled PC, you can follow the "With Great Power" Point-Buy method or you can just pick your capabilities based on your imagination. the versatility and continued player support speaks volumes.

hope this helps.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads