• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MV: Threats to the Nentir Vale in my hands

Eremis77

First Post
Reading the Wandering Tower info this week on DDI is what made me decide to get this MV ASAP. If all the other fluff is as good and interesting, I will be pleased.

keterys

First Post
I still remember almost ruining a keyboard when, after a solid year of joking about 4+ drake swarms as a sign your DM wanted to TPK you, actually seeing a module published with... 5 or 7, I forget how many, but fairly ridonculous.

Klaus

First Post
This one was mine. I'll admit--I'm a sucker for the more generic type maps (like the King's Road map, which I use constantly). That said, as I recall it's deceptively strategic. (I miss you, DDM!).
Dagnabbit! I can't XP you again! Stop posting things I agree with!

Erren

Explorer
Erren,

Thanks so much for doing this. Any info on the gangs/groups?

Thanks again,

~Teo

Sure, what're you looking for? There's a few groups of undead, the Blackfang Gnolls, some Abyssal Plague demons, some orcs, some goblins, drakes, dragonborn, tieflings, witches, humans, elven druids, drow, things called mooncalves (aberrants I haven't read about yet), shadar-kai, treants, lizardfolk, and other miscellaneous humanoids. Each "gang" is seems to be about 4-7 different stat blocks, often with a leader-type in there, too. Most take up about 4 pages after you include some art and fluff.

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
Erren,

Thanks so much for doing this. Any info on the gangs/groups?

Thanks again,

~Teo

Just picked up my copy of it today (yay Premier stores!).

Of the groups I thought were interesting:

Frost Witches
True to their name, the evil Frost Witches of the Winterbole Forest wield powerful winter magic granted to them as loyal servants of Cryonax, elemental prince of cold.

These cold, nasty womenfolk dwell near Lake Nen and have a reputation for the fickle nature of their alliances (Tiger Claw barbarian clans have a kill on sight rule after a series of betrayals) and for kidnaping young girls with magical talent.

Hunter Spiders
These surface drow, believing they have been forsaken by their Underdark-dwelling kin, lurk in the darkened reaches of Harken Forest. The poisonous intrigues of Erelhei-Cinlu pale in comparison to the effort these drow will undertake in their desire to return home.

Though few in number, they are ruthless and powerful (low Paragon level opponents). They have numerous slaves to do their menial work.

Dythan's Legion
Wielding arms and armor from a bygone era, these dragonborn legionaires scour Arkhosian ruins for relics of their lost heritage. Dythan's Legion has little patience for treasure hunters. Stand it in its way, and your bones will litter the ruins for some future explorer to excavate.

Um, these guys will smack your heroic tier behinds. Don't mess with them unless you like dying by breath weapon and steel.

There are many more, but these were some that didn't have a write up in a previous product that popped out to me...

Colmarr

First Post
Frost Witches
True to their name, the evil Frost Witches of the Winterbole Forest wield powerful winter magic granted to them as loyal servants of Cryonax, elemental prince of cold.

Dang, that's a lot of adjectives.

I know adjectives are one of the genre staples of fantasy writing, but you can take it too far...

Remove ads