D&D 4E MwaO's Frankensteins

darkbard

Legend
Just noticed the Striker Paladin build. You just added that in October, right? Veeeeeery interesting. Soul Igniter is one of those PPs that should get more play than it does. Yours is a fascinating application thereof!

MwaO

Adventurer
Yes, though I'm actually going with Traveller's Harlequin in play. MC Monk, +2 feat bonus to speed+Cipher+Quicksilver Motion = Paladin in Plate who often moves 21 squares on round 1.

darkbard

Legend
Hilarious! Just goes to show how fixations on one aspect of a game component from a CharOp perspective can blind one to the others!

darkbard

Legend
A 4e Fighter|Sorcerer MC Monk - redo of a 3.5e Monk/Paladin/Sorcerer/Enlightened Fist Living Greyhawk PC of mine.

Uses her fists in combat usually. Has Defender-class AC without using armor at 1st level.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Ishkara, level 8
Human, Sorcerer/Fighter
Hybrid Talent Option: Fighter Combat Talent
Fighter Combat Talent Option: Tempest Technique (Hybrid)
Sorcerous Power Option: Sorcerous Power Strength
Human Power Selection Option: Heroic Effort
Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)
Theme: Elemental Initiate

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 20, CON 11, DEX 13, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 18

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 16, CON 11, DEX 13, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 16

AC: 25 Fort: 24 Ref: 21 Will: 23
HP: 68 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 17

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Arcana +9, Athletics +14, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +13, Stealth +10, Streetwise +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +8, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance +4, Heal +3, History +4, Insight +3, Nature +3, Perception +3, Religion +4, Thievery +5

POWERS
Monk Feature: Eternal Tide Flurry of Blows
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Elemental Initiate Attack: Disciplined Counter
Human Racial Power: Heroic Effort
Fighter Attack: Combat Challenge
Fighter Attack 1: Grappling Strike
Sorcerer Attack 1: Burning Spray
Fighter Attack 1: Hack and Hew
Sorcerer Attack 1: Grounding Rebuke
Sorcerer Utility 2: Dragonflame Mantle
Sorcerer Attack 3: Flame Spiral
Fighter Attack 5: Rain of Steel
Fighter Utility 6: Kirre's Roar
Fighter Attack 7: Come and Get It

FEATS
Two-Weapon Defense
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 1: Unarmored Agility
Level 2: Master of the Fist
Level 4: Ki Focus Expertise
Level 6: Improved Defenses
Level 8: Monastic Disciple

ITEMS
Monk unarmed strike x1
Adventurer's Kit
Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier) x1
Rain of Hammers Ki Focus +2 x1
Rhythm Blade Short sword +1 x1
Battle Harness Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +2 x1
Amulet of Protection +2 x1
====== End ======

I was playing around with this build in the CB, leveled down to 1 and ran into some problems, which may be solely a product of the CB and not the build itself.

For one, at first level, I couldn't "equip" the (weak) unarmed fist of Elemental Initiate, so I had to equip a dagger and short sword in their place. Is this a glitch of the CB, or do you have her fighting with weapons until the MC Monk feat at level 2+?

The CB also doesn't seem to add in Two-Weapon Defense and its AC/REF bonus. Furthermore, does the damage bonus from Tempest Technique function unarmored? (The wording is "When wearing light armor or chainmail, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with melee and close weapon attacks when you are wielding two weapons. This bonus increases to +2 with weapons that have the off-hand property.") If not, why not leather armor proficiency instead of Unarmored Agility? To get the bonus, this is what I selected, but even then the starting AC is only displaying as AC 17 (not showing TWD).

Am I missing something(s) in my leveling down, or are these all glitches of the CB?

MwaO

Adventurer
For one, at first level, I couldn't "equip" the (weak) unarmed fist of Elemental Initiate, so I had to equip a dagger and short sword in their place. Is this a glitch of the CB, or do you have her fighting with weapons until the MC Monk feat at level 2+?

The CB also doesn't seem to add in Two-Weapon Defense and its AC/REF bonus. Furthermore, does the damage bonus from Tempest Technique function unarmored? (The wording is "When wearing light armor or chainmail, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with melee and close weapon attacks when you are wielding two weapons. This bonus increases to +2 with weapons that have the off-hand property.") If not, why not leather armor proficiency instead of Unarmored Agility? To get the bonus, this is what I selected, but even then the starting AC is only displaying as AC 17 (not showing TWD).

Am I missing something(s) in my leveling down, or are these all glitches of the CB?

Rhythm Blade needs to be in the off hand. Elemental Initiate's hand is a bit glitchy.

Unarmored Agility is to be a 'monk' given benefits are the same.

Remove ads