• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My game is 31 years old about now!

Aramax

First Post
Your game is older than I am!

As someone who is currently writing his own rules, I would love to see your home-made ruleset. In fact, I'd love to see both of them - the older one you used for 10 years and the current one.

unfortunatly the first set(actually used for 20 years is not in digital format
Im kinda computer illiterate and everything on google docs was done by a friend,so Ill have him post how you get into it-gimme a few days

Mark Morrison

First Post
That's amazing, Aramax! What an epic story!

Our high school AD&D campaign was set in a homebrew world, but I found I was enjoying RuneQuest far more than AD&D, and so plotted to finish it once and for all. It took about two years; first they were propelled into Lovecraft's Dreamlands and went on a long journey there, and when they re-emerged hundreds of years had passed and the land was devastated a la Thomas Covenant. They managed to defeat whatever dark lord (TM) I had cooked up, and became the gods of the new world.

Campaign, OVER!

I didn't touch a D20 until well into the 3E cycle, and have been playing some form of D&D again ever since.

The old campaign is still alive in some form though, my efforts to kill it were not successful; the player who enjoyed it the most recently passed me the script for a graphic novel he is working on, along with the map. The characters and places were very familiar, but also much improved. You can't kill an idea, it seems.

Thanks for sharing, Aramax, I hadn't thought about the long road of gaming like this for a while.

Cheers,

Mark

Aramax

First Post
That's amazing, Aramax! What an epic story!

Our high school AD&D campaign was set in a homebrew world, but I found I was enjoying RuneQuest far more than AD&D, and so plotted to finish it once and for all. It took about two years; first they were propelled into Lovecraft's Dreamlands and went on a long journey there, and when they re-emerged hundreds of years had passed and the land was devastated a la Thomas Covenant. They managed to defeat whatever dark lord (TM) I had cooked up, and became the gods of the new world.

Campaign, OVER!

I didn't touch a D20 until well into the 3E cycle, and have been playing some form of D&D again ever since.

The old campaign is still alive in some form though, my efforts to kill it were not successful; the player who enjoyed it the most recently passed me the script for a graphic novel he is working on, along with the map. The characters and places were very familiar, but also much improved. You can't kill an idea, it seems.

Thanks for sharing, Aramax, I hadn't thought about the long road of gaming like this for a while.

Cheers,

Mark

aw shukes!

Zustiur

Explorer
Thanks Aramax,
That's a very minimalist system you've got there. I can see why it would work so well. I've taken note of the primary/secondary ability score bonus idea. That may make its way into my own system.

Aramax

First Post
Thanks Aramax,
That's a very minimalist system you've got there. I can see why it would work so well. I've taken note of the primary/secondary ability score bonus idea. That may make its way into my own system.
wouldnt have posted unless I wanted to be stolen from,LOL,imitation is the best flattery!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads