• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My new take on over drives

las

First Post
This is the best thot on the overdrives thing I can thing of.

The players chuse a spell as there overdrive bast on there level.
The spells are cast like a clr of there level they may chouse from any list the DM says is ok. This is how it will work.

over drive
To determin odp (overdrove points) 4 x Hp of charater. You need to fill this to max to use the over drive. It takes a standered action to use are spell casting time what ever is longer. You gane points by the amount of damage you do in attacks and damage from spells cast for other ideas see FF10.

Heres when you get them and what level spell you may chose.

1st ---- First over drive---------1st level spell
5th ---- Second over drive ----2nd level spell
10th --- Third over drive--------3rd level spell
15th --- Forth over drive -------4th level spell
20th --- Fith over drive ---------5th level spell
ect....

Last edited:

las

First Post
An overdrive is a speshel ability that you can ocashenly do you power up over time and then you can use it.

gamecat

Explorer
JDRay said:
Um... Pardon my blatant display of ignorance, but what's an "overdrive?"

"Overdrive", "Limit Break", "Trance"... all the pretty ways to say "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!"

Last edited:

TheFlamingRheo

First Post
The easiest way that this should work is first, the character will now have a new item on his character sheet, which represents overdrive, trance, limitbreak, etc. That character would then document when ever they take damage and when this number equals three quarters of their total hit points they can release a limit break, which effects should be determined by the player and DM. (Abilities should be somewere around the abilities of a ninth level spell, at first level.)
DM's discretion,DM's discretion, DM's discretion, DM's discretion.

Gamecat tought me that one.

Last edited:

TheFlamingRheo

First Post
Hey LAS is one of the few guys in life who I just can not bring myself to make fun of so I recommend that you leave him alone before I shove my +5 greatclub of weeble smiting right up your arse.

Last edited:

bloodymage

House Ruler
Dazed and Confused

Someone please tell me what this thread is about? I know D&D, have a passing familiarity with GURPS and Rolemaster. None of that helps me make face or crown of this thread. And what did Weeble say that was so wrong?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads