• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My new take on over drives

gamecat

Explorer
Re: Dazed and Confused

bloodymage said:
Someone please tell me what this thread is about? I know D&D, have a passing familiarity with GURPS and Rolemaster. None of that helps me make face or crown of this thread. And what did Weeble say that was so wrong?

In short, in Final Fantasy X, there is something called an "overdrive". A character who takes a certain degree of damage gets a wee bit pissed and fights with an increased degree of effecacy for a round or two. Las, The Flaming Rheo, and I seek to emulate that in D&D.

As to weeble, LAY OFF OF LAS!!!

las

First Post
Gamecat what do you think of how this one will work in my grupe only one persen has reshed in the first balte but he chose charm person as his overdrive so in that battle it did not help they where fiting agenst 6 half feind needlman.

bloodymage

House Ruler
No longer Dazed, but still a little Confused

gamecat said:

In short, in Final Fantasy X, there is something called an "overdrive". A character who takes a certain degree of damage gets a wee bit pissed and fights with an increased degree of effecacy for a round or two. Las, The Flaming Rheo, and I seek to emulate that in D&D.

As to weeble, LAY OFF OF LAS!!!

Thanks for the info. I can now move happily on to trolling other threads. Btw, still don't know what's wrong with asking someone if they're from Maine. Is there an inside joke about spelling (it's OK, it's the RP, not the spelling that counts) concerning Mainers?

las

First Post
For Thouse that have playes FFx this way it is corently in warrior overdrive mode. I need to work on the others.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads