• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Myconians -New Format, New Paragon Path!

AMP Productions

First Post
yeah, it should be the target tracking you gets a -5 penalty to track you by scent while you are in forests or grasslands.

Also...

Working on some racial feats for them right now.

2 heroic lvl feats, and 1 paragon lvl feat.

Thinking about...

Heroic Tier:

Enlarged Poison Plume [Myconian]
Prerequisites: Myconian, poison plume racial power
Benefit: When you use yout poison plume power, you can choose to make it a burst 4 instead of burst 2.

One with the Woods [Myconian]
Prerequisites: Myconian
Benefit: You recieve a +5 bonus to theivery when hiding in natural forest or grasslands.

Paragon Tier:

Regenerative Body [Myconian]
Prerequisites: Myconian
Benefit: Once per day, you gain Regeneration 5 when Bloodied untill the end of the encounter.

What do you think?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
All reasonable racial feats for sure. None are too powerful, but all three might be picked by a player, so I think they are balanced.

AMP Productions

First Post
Ok! Good, now that those are ok for the time being...

What else do I put on page 3 of the pdf? thats only going to fill up like 1/3 of just one column...

keterys

First Post
Cool!

Things that stood out / bugged me:
Photosynthesis seems a bit strong (...when it comes up) and I'm not sure it's really the right effect for the concept.
The tracking should be a penalty against the tracker or an increase of the save DC, not a bonus.
Poison Plume gains no bonus to attack so will steadily hit less and less often - +2 / +4 / +6 is pretty normal. Of course, you've got the save DC scaling instead... though it might be reasonable to make that a racial feat for -1 / -2 / -3, too. Adding either ongoing damage or weaken to the poison plume are also possible feat options.

AMP Productions

First Post
Ah yes! Poison enhancement feats... Genius! Though I can't make two many, seeing as how I can't outshine the stuff released in the PHB, I'll throw some numbers around and see if anything good comes up.

Thanks for the input!

Khaalis

Adventurer
Hey AMP

2 Quick questions...

1) What program are you using to create the original file before pdf conversion? I'll be doing some design work of my own and am looking at trying to mimic the PHB style but not sure what software (I used to simply use Word, but that can't mimic some of the styles.

2) If you don't mind sharing, how are you creating the banner at the top? Is it a cut & paste or is it a new design mimicing the PHB style?

Thanks.

quindia

First Post
Play a Myconian if you want…
◊ To be a contemplative Mushroom Man

I'm not a big number cruncher so I don't have a good feel for how things balance in 4e yet, but I love that line :D

There was an NPC Myconian with a Wand of Fireballs in one of my 1st edition campaigns named Melf the Mushroom... it may be time for him to make another appearance!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads