Myconid doing an air guitar

Caliban

Rules Monkey
glass said:
OK, I was with this little threadlet up to the STIV reference, but then I got very confused. Mormons?

glass.

The Mormons are a religous group here in the US. Their formal name is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" or "LDS" for short. (The term Mormons refers to one of their religious texts, the Book of Mormon.)

They are commonly refered to as Mormons or the LDS.

The joke is the mixup between LSD (the drug) and LDS (the church).

glass

(he, him)
Caliban said:
The Mormons are a religous group here in the US. Their formal name is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" or "LDS" for short. (The term Mormons refers to one of their religious texts, the Book of Mormon.)
This much I knew*.

Caliban said:
They are commonly refered to as [...] the LDS.
This bit I didn't. Thanks for the clarification.

glass.

(* I've played Dogs in the Vineyard)

I repeat...BLASPHEMY! Don't make me smack you. ;)

(In case you didn't figure it out from my handle I am a drummer; I like Animal. AAMOF, I am wearing an Animal T-shirt at this very moment. Animal in polyester is just....wrong.)

Anon Adderlan

Explorer
So...

Do like 'shrooms get high on rock musicians... er Bards?

Or are they like always tripping, and need to smoke some people just to come down?

Dmanit, I haven't a clue how to make sure it's balanced, but I am struck with a sudden urge to create a 'Guitar Hero' PrC. All I know for sure is that you can only take it if you've signed with a major record label, and you pick up eight new cords every level.

Remove ads